Is She Wearing Eyeliner?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I love Kate Bosworth's look in these pictures (if that's her skin without foundation then I'm majorly jealous!) and I really like how fresh and natural she looks but I have a question about her eye makeup.

Do you think she's wearing eyeliner or just mascara?

Because if I wear eyeliner I can never get it to look that natural even if I try to get it right into my lashline, you can always tell I'm wearing eyeliner and if I don't wear any at all then my eyes look naked and weird.

What makeup do you think she's wearing?

TIA!
smile.gif
(sorry if you can't really tell what the eye makeup is but I thought it was worth a shot lol)

55959107xlarger.jpg

55959098xlarger.jpg

Mascara and maybe a thin line of liquid liner on the outer half? If I do that with my fineliner pen you can't tell I have liner on but it enhances my lashes. Hope that's of some help.
smile.gif

I dont think she is wearing eyeliner, I think she's just wearing some mascara

If Im only wearing mascara it looks like that as well...

I think she IS weaing eyeliner, a very think line though. As for foundation, i do think she is wearing tinted moisturizer, that is why it looks so glowy, she doesn't look bad without makeup, but she doesn't look like that either.

Her eyebrows are done as well, and she is wearing a clear lipgloss, from what i can tell.

Looks like she is wearing eyeliner on her top lashes IMHO. Like daeron said, a thin line...because if she wasn't it'd look more "naked", like her bottom lashes. I agree, she's probably wearing tinted moisturizer and probably even some concealer underneath the eyes. I'd be super jealous if this is how she looks without ANYTHING on lol!

Thanks for the replies!

GillT- is the eyeliner you use like a felt tip pen rather than a pencil? If it is, what brand is it?

Originally Posted by magneticheart /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thanks for the replies!
GillT- is the eyeliner you use like a felt tip pen rather than a pencil? If it is, what brand is it?

It's like a brush tip. It's by Shiseido and a bit pricey but it's the best eyeliner I've ever used.
Here's a link for the product info page on their site.

i think she has mascara of course, but used something to line right in the lash line on the outer corner and middle of the eye. sometimes i'll fill in the "skin" spaces between my lashes with the end of the mascara wand. it gives kind of that lined effect

I think she just has it on her upper lash line but very thinly and possibly on her upper waterline.

She's definitely wearing eyeliner. The trick to this is to wear really thin liner on top but don't line all the way to the inner corner of your eyes. I'd use a kohl pencil becuase it's easier to blend in. Just start the liner a third into the eye, keeping the liner where your fullest lashes start. Don't do a straight, do more like really short thin dots or dashes. Then get a smudge brush and blend it into the bed of the lashes. Afterwards, if it smudge a little on your lid, wipe if off a little, or if you have e/s on, apply the same e/s on top to kinda clean it up. Also, line on the upper waterline as well and this should give the lined but no obvious liner look.

It looks like she tight-lined her upper lid and then applied mascara. So pretty, but so simple!

Back