Visible Roots....Trendy or Trashy??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1764f51345888cc4_roots.jpg

There used to be a time when showing roots was horrible...Is it really trendy now?

Trashy! I was just talking about that in the checkout lane, because every picture of madonna had her with black roots.

539w.jpg

Honestly if you don't have the time/cash to touch it up, either don't do it in the first place, or do it subtle enough so it doesn't matter!

trashy. I think these people feel that they can get away with it as it's making a statement - it's well known that they're rich enough to afford the upkeep so they're 'choosing' to be casual about their hair.

If I did it, it would look like I couldn't afford it, which would look trashy. I think it looks bad on anyone. Get a hair colour that isn't so obvious when it grows out if you don't have the time to visit the salon regularly

So trashy. I think it just looks untidy.

I feel really scruffy when my roots are showing and you can't even tell because my natural colour is dark so it kinda fades into my dyed colour but a lot of people don't seem to care.

I suppose it could be passed off as a grunge/punk type look. But for anyone that doesn't want to give off that impression, it's best to get your roots taken care of. lol.
smile.gif

I don't think it's so bad as long as it's not trendy but I think it really makes greasy hair stand out even more.

I don't think they look horrible but when they're really dark like Madonnas it's not good looking. I don't think Ashley Olsen's or Jessica Simpson's look bad at all.

i hate whenever madonna has that severe center of the head part with a perfect black stripe going down the middle of her head. i think roots are trashy, and nasty

Evidently it has become trendy.... I personally cannot stand this look and I probably over-color my hair in an effort to completely banish all signs of roots.

Ugh!! Roots are never trendy through my eyes
laughno.gif
Makes me want to slap some peroxide on it.
wink3.gif
Hah!

I saw this.....I think it looks terrible. Definetly NOT fashionable.....heck I'm short on money right now too.....hence why I nixed the blonde and went dark. Less money for upkeep!

not a fan of roots - I think it looks sloppy but for some reason I think Ashley can pull it off.

I think that some celebrities think they can pull it off. But the reality is, it looks really bad.

I was almost going to say that some younger women don't colour often enough. And then I saw Madonna's picture...

I hate roots with a passion. I actually had to start dying my hair lighter than I had been because within a few weeks my roots around my temples made it look as though my hairline was receding. If I can curb my love for ultra-dark browns then I'm sure anybody can.

Back