Are These The Worst Duets Of All Time?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
When the movie Duets came out and I heard Gwyneth Paltrow was singing in it, I remember thinking, "Oh come on, world! Gorgeous hair and she can sing?! That's not fair." Well, that was then and this is now — and the world has responded. Or at least the editors of Spinner.com have. Don't shoot the messenger here, but they declared Gwyneth's "Cruisin" duet with Huey Lewis "the worst vocal collaboration of all time." Ouch.

d4c8cf8810d0872f_Duet-for-web.xxlarge.jpg

Second worst? Paula Abdul's duet with MC Skat Kat for her hit single "Opposites Attract," which I take issue with because if that duet never happened then we wouldn't have this video. At No. 3 is Paul McCartney and Michael Jackson's "The Girl Is Mine," followed by Bono and Frank Sinatra singing "I've Got You Under My Skin" in fourth. The duet in fifth place cracks me up: Willie Nelson and Julio Iglesias, "To All The Girls I've Loved Before."

So, do you agree with the top five? Did anyone like Gwyneth's singing? (I have a feeling some of you will object to No. 10 and I think No. 7 has no business on this list)

No. 6: Mariah Carey and Busta Rhymes, "I Know What You Want" (2003)

No. 7: Jennifer Warnes and Bill Medley, "I've Had The Time of My Life" (1987)

No. 8: Hilary and Haylie Duff, "Our Lips Are Sealed" (2004)

No. 9: Mick Jagger and David Bowie, "Dancing in the Streets" (1985)

No. 10: Madonna and Justin Timberlake, "4 Minutes" (2008)

YouTube - Duets-Huey Lewis & Gwyneth Paltrow

Source: Worst Duets of All Time | Gwyneth Paltrow, Paula Abdul, Duets | BuzzSugar - Movies, TV, Music.

Do you agree with the top 10? Feel free to add other duets you hate.

I actually don't think the Gwyneth Paltrow one is THAT bad...

I think the new song of Enrique Iglesias with Lil Wayne was pretty bad.

I really didn't mind Mariah's Carey and Busta Rhymes, I thought it had a really good beat overall.

Gwyneth has a very pretty voice. A lot of them I haven't heard yet. Hm...

I never liked that Gwyneth/Huey version of the song and without hearing it I am sure the Hilary/Hailey one must be bad..lol

The song from Dirty Dancing maybe a little corny but I don't think it's horrible.

Back