Smashbox Ultimate Palette - Holiday Must Buy!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

internetchick

Beauty Blogger
Reaction score
This looks awesome!!! I will have to find a way to get it. Isn't it fabulous!! This is the first big holiday palette I have gotten giddy over at first sight.

SMASHBOX ULTIMATE BEAUTY PALETTE $ 59 OVER A $225 VALUE!

c35c3d66-9.gif
Plus, Get FREE SHIPPING when you purchase this item.* Includes:

EYE SHADOW in 70 shades, LIP GLOSS in 8 shades, CREAM EYE LINER in 8 shades, BROW TECH POWDER in 6 shades, BROW TECH WAX, LIP COLOR in 4 shades, BLUSH in 2 shades, SOFT LIGHTS, BRONZE LIGHTS,CREAM LINER BRUSH, BROW TECH BRUSH, EYE SHADOW BRUSH, LIP BRUSH
af2e2972-d.gif
http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/pro...uty+Palette+($225+Value)&CID=ET_Wk39thurs

Source

I dunno, do you think a lot of the neutrals/lighter colors look just about the same? To me that's like paying $$$$$ for the same colors over and over. I don't know..... I can't see close enough to tell the differences in the colors. Maybe some are matte and some shimmery or something. Hmmm.........

I think this is a bad pic because there is not much contrast between the browns, and between the blues. There are no greens or at least the line on the right side look like washed-out greens
frown.gif

I don't think you should get too excited. Even high end companies produce cheap quality makeup when they sell it in big quantities for a small price.

Originally Posted by bella1342 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm really curious about the quality.... it's looking too much like a Sephora Blockbuster palette to me. I think that's what's turning me off.
I really want this Rapture set though:

Sephora: Smashbox Eye Shadow & Brush Collection ($246 Value): Combination Sets

Letecia, if you get the beauty palette please let us know how you like it. If the quality is good, that's a great price.

OOO! I like this one!

Omg, that's huge! They don't have very many dark colors though...**sigh**

Hmm...I'm not a fan of smashbox line. Just the primer. I haven't had any luck with anything else.

So I talked to a live agent, kinda worthless because I only got one useful answer...

Mer: Hello. Thank you for your interest in smashbox cosmetics. My name is Mer. How can I help you today?

ME: Hi, is the quality of the Smashbox Ultimate Palette makeup the same as Smashbox's other items? (it was worth a shot)

Mer: yes these items are all produced by smashbox and are the same quality as all the other products.

ME: Are there any greens in the palette? The pic of the palette makes everything look washed out. Are those the real colors?

Mer: There are about 5 different shades of green

ME: right...but is the pic accurate? This is my last question

Mer: it depends on the settings on your computer, each computer can look differently.

ME: i see, but one other person on a different computer says that the light colors look all the same... I want to verify if that is how the pic looks in person...k thanks for answering my questions

Mer: thank you have a nice day

Wow, I love how proficient customer service reps are with non-answers. It looks like a nice palette, but I have a slight phobia of holiday make-up sets that stems from many years of those old-school kits with hundreds of washed-out colours.

Wow! I'd love to test it out in person! I like the fact that it includes brow powder, cream eyeliner, and soft lights. Awesome!!!

Woah !! Lots of colors for sure. Although may be just too big for me, i like palette of a reasonable purse friendly size, lol.

I like it but there seems to be too many neutral colours for me, I like either bright or dark haha.

Well...I think this looks awesome!! For Smashbox that is an unbelievable value!!! I want it!! I saw this is an Ulta email, is it at Sephora also?

Originally Posted by bella1342 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm really curious about the quality.... it's looking too much like a Sephora Blockbuster palette to me. I think that's what's turning me off.
I really want this Rapture set though:

Sephora: Smashbox Eye Shadow & Brush Collection ($246 Value): Combination Sets

Letecia, if you get the beauty palette please let us know how you like it. If the quality is good, that's a great price.

I got it! Its nice, the brushes are awesome. But the only thing is that the eyeshadows are a bit sheer, nothing some primer or base cant fix though.

Just picked this one up today and I love it. I applied the shadows over Bare Canvas and it turned out quite nice. I am charging my camera battery and will do swatches tomorrow morning in case anyone is wondering about the colors/payoff. I don't own any huge eyeshadow palettes so I figured this would be a the perfect one for me, and I love it indeed.

Back