Can you go to sleep with the music on?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just wondering if you can sleep if music (or TV) is playing?

I think people are all different about his. I know some women like it real quiet or maybe soothing music in order to sleep. But otherwise can't fall asleep.

I know I can fall asleep to anything including hard rock with soaring guitar solos.

What's your preference?

hmm i cant say..as i fall asleep on the lounge when im really tired and had a busy day..or if im really stressed and the tv would be on

other then that when i do go to bed i have to have the ceiling fan on (thanx to Bf) an thats it

I use to only sleep to music. If there wa sno music, I couldn't sleep (that meant I kept the rest of the house up
smile.gif
) but not I can't stand music or sounds at night. It has to be super quiet. I can only sleep through noises in the morning because that's when I am sleeping heaviest.
smile.gif

I frequently put a movie on before I go to sleep. Sometimes it will disturb me and I'll wake up and turn it off, but I usually find it helps me sleep initially.

I need quiet. I watch TV in bed until I get tired, but when I am ready to sleep it needs to go off.

I love to fall asleep with music on... I usually have a playlist on my i pod. I play it on my dock... so I don't have to deal with headphones. I have the homedics dock/speakers whatever it's called...lol! I also like to fall asleep listening to the ocean waves.

I can sleep through anything.

When I am ready for bed, very little is going to keep me up.

Maverick can only sleep with a very specific lullaby CD playing, and since we have the monitor on, we sort of fall asleep to it too. Even though it bugs the crap out of me... you know- listening to it every night for two years.

it usually has to be quiet, but i sometimes leave the TV on and put the volume to 1, and set a sleep timer.

I need absolute silence and to be in full darkness too, I can't have any lights on, even the little ones on the tv and things.

My mother says I can sleep on a pickett fence. I have to be able to sleep with the TV on, my wife listens to it until about 2 in the morning. I can sleep through just about anything, but I draw the line at the Olympics, too much cheering.

This is one of the reasons I'm sleep deprived. My husband has to listen to music and i really don't care for it. I like to have the music on but it has to be low enough so that I can barely hear the lyrics. I can't sleep in complete silence but I can't sleep with anything too loud.

Complete silence for me!! If I hear a cricket or the dogs tail whacking the wall I'll get so annoyed and not be able to. Grr...

When I sleep I'm dead to the world!

Police helicopters can be flying over the house, rain can be battering against the windows, thunder and lightening, a TV on full blast, it doesn't matter to me lol If I'm tired I'll sleep
tongue.gif

I don't put on music before I go to bed to help me sleep though but if I left my music on by accident I could probably sleep through it.

Uusually i listen to music (every kind) before going to bed, then it's all silent and dark. I know i can fall asleep with pretty much anything as long as it's not too loud, or i'll just pass for a few minutes and suddenly wake up, until i can finally go to bed.

I can fall asleep when I'm watching TV or something but not if I had like head phones on or anything. I prefer to go to sleep when it's quite but with two dogs that play all the time (on the bed) I've learned to sleep when there is noise.

It depends.

I can sleep watching tv (and do a lot)

I can sleep in the car sorta (the position of the seat is the problem, not the noise)

I used to be able to sleep to my ocean waves sounds/rainforest sounds cd I made but now it prohibits my sleep.

I canNOT sleep with headphones, it's like the info gets too deep in my brain or something and interferes with the sleep signals, lol!

I can NOT sleep if my bf is snoring. Absolutly cannot.

I can't sleep if I hear that mu' effing train whistle screeching in the middle of the night; it is so hard for me to fall asleep that if I finally get to sleep then that punk train blows the horn the whollle way through town, I am willing to head right to the track and hurl rotten tomatoes at the engine.

I need it quiet.

I suffer from peroidic bouts of insomnia so I need it quiet t help me relax enough to sleep. Any noise will jerk me awake and I won't get back to sleep.

I need total darkness and silence. If not I'll be too distracted... The light reflected on the walls or the instrumentals would keep me looking and tapping/conducting for hours...

It has to be completly silent and dark for me to sleep or I will literally toss and turn all night long.

Back