Customer Service

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Any good/ bad customer service stories to share? I've had excellent cs from Everday Minerals, a nightmare with Aromaleigh. Regarding the latter, I was shipped someone else's order and let the company know. The overly-sensitive owner sent me 3 emails totaling 1,000 words in reaction to my comment that it was "annoying" trying to get a hold of someone there. My opinion is that customer service matters in the overall evaluation of a pdouct. If a product is good but customer service is bad, it's not worth it. There's a lot of small, quality mineral make-up companies today that offer both excellent products and top-quality service.

The best I've had is from Sweetscents and Fyrinnae.

I put up a quick video asking if anyone had something Fyrinnae had long d/c'd as it was a hg item for me. Fyrinnae had a look though their records, found I had ordered it previously (my ordering and youtube emails are nothing alike) and emailed me to say they had some left and I could buy it really cheaply if I took the lot. Very happy I was.

I haven't had any really bad ones.

Two companies that I have found that deliver excellent customer service is Fyrinnae and Spell Cosmetics. Also, as far as bad customer service, I would have to say Bare Escentuals and now Everyday Minerals. As, Everyday Minerals actually used to have good customer service before they switched over to the site. But, now, I never know when or even if I will get an answer back from any of the emails that I send them. And, when I do get answers back, they do not totally answer all of my questions anyways.

Originally Posted by Reservechic /img/forum/go_quote.gif Two companies that I have found that deliver excellent customer service is Fyrinnae and Spell Cosmetics. Also, as far as bad customer service, I would have to say Bare Escentuals and now Everyday Minerals. As, Everyday Minerals actually used to have good customer service before they switched over to the site. But, now, I never know when or even if I will get an answer back from any of the emails that I send them. And, when I do get answers back, they do not totally answer all of my questions anyways. I totally agree w/ you about EM. when I first started ordering from them, 2 women named Kaye and Kathy answered the c/s emails. I always got an answer w/in 24 hours (usually less) and everything was very nice and personalized. They would really do all they could to help you.Now the timeframe is much longer and the emails are very "detached" and much less personal - kind of like you'd get if you emailed a really "big" company or something.

I agree with you about EDM. since the have changed thier site.. its became to be very very bad.

I loveee thier products.. but their CS have to improve.. and very fast!

its too bad and too disapointing that I get an no- personal eamils.

I've been very fortunate, I have never had a bad CS experience with MMU companies but I'm pretty picky who I order from. I've only had correspondance with Alima (phone & e-mail) and Lauress (e-mail). These 2 companies have amazing products and the CS is so personal and amazingly fast - usually same day or within a couple days.

I e-mailed Lauress last week to change something in my order and THEY remembered I had combo-skin from a previous correspondance and recommended the best option for me.

And a few months ago I called Alima to change an order after e-mailing with their CS and my call was answered by a live person right away and she made the change right then and there with me on the phone.

That's great to hear, Becky ! Maybe i could get some leftovers of Electropop
biggrin.gif
, i love that color and they removed it from their e/s.

I never had any bad customer service with mineral makeup ocmpanies.

I have placed several orders with Alima & had contact as well via E-mail & I am impressed with their CS. I usually receive my orders in 3 days!

I think adorned with grace and buffd have good CS. They ship fast too. Er my worst experience was probably meow. They take forever to reply.

I just have to say that i love those companies whose CS stays the same(good) or even improves (better, or even best). I encountered a certain company who CS was best in the early days of the company, but as time goes by, the excellent quality of the company diminished. I spoke to several people who became my friends bounded by love for MMU, , who were also customers of that certain company, and they have complaints too. The products are more than excellent, but CS wise, i learned not to expect things from them. I just think of them as a company from which i buy my goodies, no more no less.

I've had excellent customer service with EGMINERALS.

I had good service with EDM, Lumiere, and

no

CS with Monave. I was just ignored.

I am happy with Joppa,lumiere,lure beauty,classy minerals , laures & silk naturals! They all replied my mail fast & very helpful
smile.gif

They are such a wonderful CS......

I had to add another great CS experience - with Lumiere. You may recall a post I had about their primer that just wouldn't come out of the pump bottle (just would "spit" occassionaly after pumping & pumping & pumping) I purchased from them. I received a replacement yesterday & it works perfectly. Kim responded quickly and said she would even try it out to make sure it worked properly prior to sending it to me. The bottle must be a new design as it is in a totally different container than my first purchase. Very nice CS.

I also had really good CS from Lumiere. I had typed my address wrong when placing my order and didn't realize until well after they had shipped the order. The then kept watching for my package and emailed me as soon as it was returned and reshipped it to the proper address for me.

I've also had great Customer Service from Fyrinnae and Taylor Made Minerals, which means a lot as I'm one of those annoying people who fire off a new email every few days.

I've had HORRIBLE customer service from EDM. I placed an order and then got an email from them saying that one of things I had ordered was out of stock so they were just going to go ahead and substitute on it! I sent them back an email saying that I'd rather get my money refunded, and it took them nearly a month to refund my money. I decided to try again, and this time they didnt email me that they were changing my order but they mixed up a few of the blushes I ordered and sent me the wrong colors. I tried contacting them but they never got back to me. I give up, I'm never ordering from them again.

So far I havent exzperienced any bad service. But good one: lauress (very nice to fix my order!), egminerals (so far so good), and of course others...

oh yes, lumiere is quite good, too!

does coastal scents sell mineral make up? if so, then they're on my bad list!

Originally Posted by kcam125 /img/forum/go_quote.gif does coastal scents sell mineral make up? if so, then they're on my bad list! Yes they do. Why are they on your bad list? Just curious!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by vanja /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yes they do. Why are they on your bad list? Just curious!
smile.gif
It's a long story! if you pm me I'll tell you, but to make a long story short, the owner is very very rude and I will never shop from them again!

Back