Tiniest haul ever (my first mac eyeshadow!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I visited the Mac counter in fenwicks and my boyfriend said he'd buy me an eyeshadow, but I had such a hard time choosing! I finally settled on Pink Venus..its a lot more shimmery in real life, I love it!

Also got some false lashes, and a Natural Collection pink eyeshadow which would compliment the mac one hehe. They look the same colour in the picture though
frown.gif

2jbw7qf.jpg

Lovely! I love pink shades. Those lashes look very pretty. And that reminds me, I need to start hitting Halloween clearance for some fun lashes.

Hehe thanks everyone, I can definitely see myself getting addicted lol
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by Shelley /img/forum/go_quote.gif Great haul! Enjoy! Is the eyeshadow a pale pink or bold pink? It's a pale pink with lots of shimmer. My camera doesn't do it justice
frown.gif

oo very nice!!!

i remember when i purchased my first MAC product...i was sooo excited lol i wanted more lol

Pink Venus was my first MAC eyeshadow too. I use it in natural peachy/pink looks and over the top of Sushi Flower in bolder looks. It's a very pretty colour but it took a while for me to figure out how I could wear it without looking like I had puffy eyes (I hadn't yet learned that eyeshadow is more than a colour wash).

Enjoy your haul!

P.S. - What's the Natural Collection eyeshadow's pigment/staying power like? I've seen their stuff in Boots but never really paid much attention. Any chance of comparative swatches?

Originally Posted by GillT /img/forum/go_quote.gif Pink Venus was my first MAC eyeshadow too. I use it in natural peachy/pink looks and over the top of Sushi Flower in bolder looks. It's a very pretty colour but it took a while for me to figure out how I could wear it without looking like I had puffy eyes (I hadn't yet learned that eyeshadow is more than a colour wash).
Enjoy your haul!

P.S. - What's the Natural Collection eyeshadow's pigment/staying power like? I've seen their stuff in Boots but never really paid much attention. Any chance of comparative swatches?

Ah that's cool
biggrin.gif
Tbh, I like the Natural Collection eyeshadow, but it comes up alot lighter when you put it on to your eye,compared to what it looks like in the pan, no matter how much I packed on. For £1.69 you can't really complain, it makes a pretty good highlight colour, I'll try and do some comparative swatches tomorrow
smile.gif

Laurafaye, I went to a MAC shop 2 weeks ago and bought my first eyeshadow! I got Woodwinked which is such a lovely colour. Unfortunately since then I have had to purchase a shadestick and 2 beautiful lipsticks coz I'm so addicted hehe!

Back