Sign in to follow this  
vagabond

What kind of mirror do you use

I usually apply my makeup in the bathroom under that big bar strip of white lights, sometimes I apply it in front of the window (when there is sun) to make sure I don't have any missed spots. No matter where I do it there always seems to be a mirror somewhere that makes me look bad. Is there a special mirror or light that will make sure it looks good in any light? I don't want a heavy makeup look but I can't figure out why if it looks good in front of the window, I can get to my moms house and her bathroom mirror (incandescent lights) makes me look washed out. What do you guys use?

I use the bathroom mirror and the duo bulbs above the mirror.. and one of those Revlon stick-on magnifying mirrors I put on the big mirror... Maybe you need to get some of those full spectrum bulbs.. Flourecent or incandecent... Simulates sunlight....

i do it in my lil hallway/stairway landing. we have this huge floor to ceiling mirror, so we sit down on the floor and i then use my lil mac holiday palette mirror since it's bigger than a compact mirror when i'm actually applying it. the big mirror is used to see how it's looking frot a distance

there are actually mirrors that u can get that are free standing....and it has LED lights in it....i have one...it can be either be used with batteries or can be plugged in....butthe one i have itsnt LED lights so it isnt bright enough....im gonna buy anohter one but they are expensive...one i want is 90$

I use a basic flat mirror, it acts like a photo frame, it can stand up on it own on some furniture or it can be held (it's a travel mirror). I originally bought it to help myself when i wasn't used to put on contacts, now i use it for makeup.

I can't really understand why some sites say a mirror is a mirror yet some mirrors cost hundreds of dollars. I guess it is all in the lights, I have looked at some of the ones that have different settings for around $30 dollars, but when I read the reviews everyone says the light is not bright enough. On the other hand, from what I understand, even a really bright light that is the wrong kind of light would be bad. I am still searching for one that has bright lights, simulates daylight and is big enough to see my whole head in. Something tells me though, even if I found it I couldn't afford it.

I just use the bathroom mirror and a little magnifying mirror that my roomie brought with her (roommates, so useful! <3). Sometimes a compact mirror if I'm traveling.

I use the mirror that comes with the compacts so I can move around under different lighting. for eyeshadows and stuff

but for foundation, or bigger face stuff I use the mirror above my dresser and the full length one next to the window... I try to get more natural lighting in so I don't freak out when i go outside and people stare at me for the wrong reason lol

I do mine in the bathroom as the mirror there has the best light. Because I am semi blind I tied a piece of string (looped) to the handle of a magnifying glass and I hang it so it rests against the mirror. I really need it as I cannot see a thing clearly without it.

My closet door is mirrored so I use that to apply then if I have time I take a compact and go to a window to check everything in more natural light. I’m usually happy with everything until I walk into the bathroom. The lighting there seems to bring out every little flaw and makes me look terrible. doh.gif

I just sit on my bed right in front of the window (with natural light) and prop the mirror on there, that way I have the best lighting possible.

I am so glad to hear all of this, I guess I just pictured everyone except me sitting in front of one of those huge professional makeup mirrors. I am glad to know I am not the only one sitting on the floor, on the sink. anywhere I can see, and then walking around the house with a mirror in my hand checking it out in different light.

I sit on my bed with a big mirror in front of me then a little mirror next to me so I can see my makeup close up and from a distance.

you can buy daylight simulation bulbs in an art shop, maybe that would work as a natural light substitute?

id personally do that and get a lamp and put it next to a mirror rather than spend loads of money on a ready made one.