Cream blush??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Applying cream blush has always been a challenge to me, but I have heard that the look & staying power is MUCH better than powder.

Does anyone find that to be the case? Does ayone have any advice how to apply it with out looking like a clown (which is how I always look whe I try)?

Thanks!!

Hi!

I totaly agree, they look more natural and stay much better. What i would suggest is putting it on with a dual fibre brush like the m.a.c 187 or 188(which is smaller)

the hair is supper thin at the end so if you put it on using curcilar motions you dont end up putting on too much. HTH!

22726-M45R01_128.jpg
this is the brush
smile.gif

I use a foundation brush. The MAC MA told me to dab the brush in the blush and then dab the brush on the back of my handto get rid of excess color. Then she told me to tap the brush on the apples of my cheeks.

Originally Posted by emily_3383 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I use a foundation brush. The MAC MA told me to dab the brush in the blush and then dab the brush on the back of my handto get rid of excess color. Then she told me to tap the brush on the apples of my cheeks. i was also told this....but if u do have a duo fiber brush they work great!! as they do pick up little and blend so its sheer

I use a tiny bit on my foundation brush and blend it in if I want it to look flawless.

If Im in a hurry I dab a tiny dot on each cheek and blend with my fingers up and outwards, just like blending regular blush. I always find I need the tiniest amount of cream blush as its very pigmented.

I use a blush brush that has stiffer bristles and kind of tap the blush and then tap onto cheek and do it very lightly can always add more and now its perfect!! Stayed away from cream blushes for same reason, now I love mine~~

Thanks so much for all the great advice!

Last tip I forgot to ask for...what is your favorite brand?

Thanks again

I really like the stila cream blush I have - petunia convertible. It's such a gorgeous colour!

I find mine got loads of little fibres in it when I used a sponge, and the same from using a brush. I prefer to use my fingers at first, and then a brush to blend out, but I'm probably just picky, LOL

Sonia kashuk makes a really good duo fiber brush for cream blushes. I use sponges, my fingers, foundation brushes, duo fiber brushes, just whatever I'm in the mood for. I really like the duo fiber brush for any blush that is heavily pigmented whether it's powder or cream. It looks more natural and allows you to apply less too. I think NYX makes some good cream blushes but I have yet to try them.

I own almost every color in NYX Creme blush. They are great and last all day.

I use my MAC 187 or my Sephora one like the 187 brush.

Sheer but pretty.

you don't need a lot of it. i too like using the 187 brush and just dab lightly on the parts of the cheek and blend

Latest posts

Back