If I were to get ONE eyeshadow pallette at Sephoras...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Which one would you recommend?

I already have a gold-ish eyeshadow [Prestige in Golden Retriever], a basic black smokey eye trio from L'Oreal, and a neutral-ish trio from WnW [Egypt Sands]. I want to expand into more colors, but nothing too neon or over the top. Hopefully something thats high quality yet REASONABLY PRICED.

Two of the options I was looking at are:

Sephora: Pop Beauty Eye Class - Smokey Eyes: Eyeshadow Sets

Pop Beauty Eye Class - Smokey Eyes [12 colors, $32]

Sephora: TheBalm Shady Lady Eyeshadow Palette: Eyeshadow Sets

Shady Lady Eyeshadow Palette. [9 colors, $38]

Sephora: Pop Beauty Smokey Rose Wallet: Gift Ideas & Palettes

Pop Beauty Smokey Rose Wallet. [12 eyeshadows, 4 blushes, 2 lip glosses, brush, $42]

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P211635&categoryId=B70

Kat Von D True Romance Eyeshadow Palette - Ludwig

[8 colors, $34]

I'm asian with brown eyes and black hair, so I need something that would be flattering on me. It would mostly be used during dances [senior year of high school, baby!] and a little during the day, although I really just rely on my Prestige eyeshadow for that.

Anyone want to help me choose between the two, or suggest something else?

Thanks!

http://www.sephora.com/browse/produ...D4CV0KRRQIGQ?id=P204726&_requestid=452322

Either theBalm or Kat Von D. I have only heard iffy reviews of pop beauty products.

I really love Urban Decay palettes I have the Deluxe box and the Amo and love them both!

I love Urban Decay palettes as well!

If choosing from your list, though, I'd go with the Kat Von D.
smile.gif

Thebalm shadows in that palette are wonderful... I have all of the shades in the palette in full size eye shadows... I love each and every one of them.

I have the Kat Von D one too... it's really nice. I want the new "Metal Orchestra" one.

My favorite palettes that just came out though... the Urban Decay Book of Shadows, and Lorac's Croc case. Amazing.

i like the first pop beauty one and the kat von d one.

the first one you have more options. and the kat von d one is more nuetral

Pop Beauty's palettes are really hit and miss, so I wouldn't go that route if it's the only thing you're getting.

has anyone tried the pop beauty palettes in question? or compared them with the others on my list? :]

i don't have a sephoras near me so i have to buy online D:

oo wow i would go with the balm or kat von d one!!

but i keep hearing alot about the UD book one...

Originally Posted by summerxdreams /img/forum/go_quote.gif Sephora: Tarte Eye Couture Day-To-Night Eye Palette ($182 Value): Combination Sets
Eye Couture Day-To-Night Eye Palette ($182 Value)

what about this one?
biggrin.gif

I have it, and LOVE it! The shadows are so smooth, and very pigmented. The liner that comes with it is great too. The best part is it comes with a little tutorial card that teaches you amazing combos. I highly recommend this one.
smile.gif

The only thing is it's $44. For 8$ more you can get Tarte the Vanity... and with that you get a Park Ave. Princess bronzer... and many more shadows... plus all of the glosses and the mascara.

Sephora: Tarte The Vanity Limited Edition Palette ($494 Value): Combination Sets

I have that too... again, the shadows are super-smooth and pigmented. The only thing you don't get is the tutorial.

oh, nice! is it really bulky? because it looks HUGE and i want something i can travel with :]

and how is the quality? there are a couple of comments that the bigger set has lower quality eyeshadow?

I'd go with the Kat Von D. Although I prefer the Beethoven palette since I'm cool toned, but Ludwig is nice too. Another suggestion is Urban Decay, their shadows have good payoff
smile.gif

Back