MAC Brushes??? Genuine??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok so i just recieved some brushes from online and i have noticed something..to which im not sure is MAC genuine brushes are suppose to have......i did a search and couldnt find anything!!

So i have noticed towards the end of the handle that they all say Japan or France on them engraved?? Is this normal to have this...as they dont come up in pics and they are hard to see...but i was just wondering as they are genuine in every other way....Did i receive fakes or are they Genuine??

I received the MAC 224 which is soft and dense

and the 187 which is the same...but at the end its really soft the black is soft but dense....the same with the 188 that i have....

When tilted in the pics u can kinds of see the Japan writing on the 187 and the 224 says french...i cant make them any clearer as it is hard to pick up...Can kinda see it also when they are laying flat in full view...

I really hope they arent fakes!!!

ill try to get the writing on them......as well but it may be hard to to get it....ill post pics soon

No, all of my brushes say japan or france on them. they're verrrryy lightly engraved, cause some of them are barely readable, but the mac logo and brush number are still very visible.

Originally Posted by Liz /img/forum/go_quote.gif No, all of my brushes say japan or france on them. they're verrrryy lightly engraved, cause some of them are barely readable, but the mac logo and brush number are still very visible. Oh phew thanx for that hun....cause no one has mentioned it before and i just wanted to make sure....i can give feedback now lol

Yep, they look genuine to me.
smile.gif

It depends on where you got them, if theyre from the site they're real btu they usualy do have some sort of mark as to where they were made. Alot are made in france. Ill see if i can get some pics up for you
smile.gif

thanx girls...i got one from here on MUT and i bought from a MU seller on ebay, she sells alot of high end stuff, i only buy from the aussie ebay as they have more restrictions on Fake buyers.....they were listed as brand new never used, the both cost me....$30 and 20$ US

here are the links from them....MAC Cosmetics Brush ~224~ Tapered Blending Brush - eBay MAC, Eye Shadow, Makeup, Health Beauty. (end time 29-Oct-08 09:28:58 AEDST)..........

MAC Cosmetics Brush ~187~ Duo Fibre Brush - eBay MAC, Eye Shadow, Makeup, Health Beauty. (end time 23-Oct-08 08:41:14 AEDST)

I should have kept the plastic covers in came in...it did have a barcode on the plastic and it had some writing on it, the address i think it was...they looked like this.......

MAC Cosmetics Brush ~266~ New Angle Eyeliner Brush - eBay MAC, Eye Shadow, Makeup, Health Beauty. (end time 23-Nov-08 15:14:21 AEDST)

They look fine to me. My brushes have France and Japan on them too. Lucky you on getting the 187!

heres an excellent blog that compares the REAL vs. FAKE. its in chinese but has english translation.

Back