Make my e/s POP???

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
wacko.gif
Ok, I have been spending a lot of time here on the forums reading tips, etc. I have already been using UDPP for the staying power on my e/s. My question is that sometimes my e/s just doesn't seem to have the color pop that I think it should have. I have been reading a lot on people using the paint pots from MAC to help pigments and e/s to really pop with color. I really want to try the paint pots, but I'm not sure if it really will give me what I am looking for. Also, I am very sensitive to products and want to try it out. I know I can get samples of piggies, but not paint pots. At $16.50 a pop that can get pricey. Any one have any other suggestions?

Yes, I use MAC pigment samples from what the body needs, and have used it wet. Still does not seem to get the color payoff I am looking for and still wears off some, even with the UDPP.

Any ideas??? I have been trying to find cheaper paint pots, but no CCO in AZ. Bummer!!

Thanks in advance!!

I don't see the Sharkskin on the MAC site. What color is it. I have been torn between the paint pots, paint and shadestick and have been reading lots of posts on this. I tried to PM you back, but sadly I don't have enough posts to PM you.

have u tried using a mixing medium to dampen the brush??

That always works for me....especially with pinks as they are hard to show up on my skin..same with yellows..and it seems to work...

umm could it be ur brushes??? are they inexpensive brushes at all...cause some dont pick up enought colour on the brush

Oh yea I forgot to ask are you putting it on wet or dry? Sharkskin is dc by MAC but you can swap and pick one up, I think you can get one online from other sources, google it. You wont be disappointed.

I agree with Aprill, when I want a color to really show up well on me I have to use a white base. It literally brings out the true color of whatever you're using. You can use a whitish paint pot or maybe an eye pencil (like NYX jumbo pencils or any other brand) in white. I just use a white eyeliner pencil bc creams don't work on my eyes. They have to be a little dry for it to work on my oily lids.

I think Sharkskin was discontinued. The paintpots should definitely work. I haven't really used the shadesticks but from what I hear, they're really good too. You might also try combining colors.

Try and get to a mac store if you can and get a paint pot sample. Ask for a bit of blackground paint pot its a great sharkskin-like color!

Otherwise, i find UDPP always works wonders

Originally Posted by chantelle8686 /img/forum/go_quote.gif have u tried using a mixing medium to dampen the brush??That always works for me....especially with pinks as they are hard to show up on my skin..same with yellows..and it seems to work...

umm could it be ur brushes??? are they inexpensive brushes at all...cause some dont pick up enought colour on the brush

Yes, I have used a mixing medium from smashbox and also aromaleigh. I also use brushes from Lancome, Bare Escentuals, Stila, smashbox and some ELF. I need to try the MAC brushes. Or maybe save my money and follow what EnKore makeup said on youtube and get some Lowe Cornell brushes.
I have the UDPP, and use it every time. I think I might try the NYX jumbo stick in white. I do have that. Maybe it is my brushes, or maybe it is the color of my lids makes my colors disappear. The colors I usually wear are pinks and purples. I find that sometimes it fades out so much that it looks like my eyes are bruised from crying all night. I have tried using a white with black on the outer V and it usually just goes to a gray color that is not flattering when I blend it.

I am going to try to go to a MAC store and have their MA's try and show me some tips. Maybe I can get a sample of a paint pot, but I heard that they don't do samples very often.

Try NYX jumbo pencils. They are just like the mac shadestick but much less. I have most of them and they def. give me the pop u are looking for.

I am going to try the NYX jumbo pencils. I just worried about them being a little too oily and so creasing. I will try it over my UDPP though. I wasn't sure about the Clinique shadow base or eye tints too. Or even my shiseido hydro power eye shadow.

I find for some eyeshadows two coats are better than one, and make sure you pat your eyeshadow on, rather than swipe it.

I also like to use a light shade (pale blue, pale pink...) matching my main color.

i love mac paints. they're a little drier than paint pots, which seem to crease on me.

ask for a sample and they can show you the difference of using different colors with shadows. i played around like that all of the time trying to to find color combos. paints, paint pots, shadesticks make a big difference to me

So OK, I went to the MAC counter and bought a Bare Study paint pot. I don't know that I bought the right one. I am debating on returning it to get the Painterly. I liked the Bare Study because of the shimmer, but I am not sure if it gives me what I am looking for.

Back