Terms that Irritate You

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have one. I really really dislike the word 'boo' as a term of endearment toward a girlfriend or boyfriend. Likewise 'shorty'.

Whenever I use them, I feel like a complete tool. I think it's partially because they're quite American. Maybe Americans can get away with saying them, but with my accent I sound like a retard, LOL.

SOOO!!

what words annoy you!!

the word ghetto when it used out of context. You see a woman with 4 kids you cant automatically say thats ghetto, you dont know them or the situation. now if you see someone in a hot pink car on 26 inch rims with a box of nerds painted on the side, by all means call them ghetto. And when you see me roll down my window and holla out, "you ghetto az you making us all look bad" you may call me ghetto too, but just for 5 mins.

I have stretched earlobes, and I hate when people call them "gauges."

Also any time people speak in text. You should never voice the letters "LOL", just laugh if it's funny!

oh yess! i have one, while taking a boarding pass, when the ticket exec says, "why dont you stand behind that yellow line...." i simply despise this parctice

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have one. I really really dislike the word 'boo' Haha, ditto on that one! I left work early a couple of wks ago and my coworker jokingly said "later boo" I'm like wtf? lol, first off he's a tool for even saying that in public. I'm sure people think we have something going on now...but that word certainly irks me. I believe 'boo' started when people didn't know how to pronounce "beau" and it later evolved to "boo" over time.
A few others would include "holla atcha boi" and "mami" First off, if I was remotely even interested (which I"m not) I wouldn't even give you a 'holla' and secondly, I did NOT give birth to you...so I'm not your 'mami'

"you betcha" would be a contender :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I don't like being called "mate" its an Australian term and I get called it in boy mode occasionally, I've never liked it.

I don't like mate either, unless it's Pirate day. One thing that annoys me here is the suburbian way of speaking, like someone bumps into me and says "yo, s'rry cousin !". UH ?

And yeah, the word LOL should never be pronounced.

u girls have nailed them lol!!

i also dont like it when ur talking to someone and they call u baby or babe....ffs im neithe of those to u...the only person to call me that is my bf .

another is gday, and Barbie(bbq)....sound like a retard with that.

and the word MILF is gettin used to often these days!! Just cause there is a hot chick dont mean she is a milf!!! u have to be a mumma first wankers!!!

I'm confused (can happen easily)

I understand the Aussie stereotypes that are perpetuated (mate, barbie, gday) , too much Crocodile Dundee and Outback Restaurants here i suppose. Is that even an Australian menu because the decor is just generic with a few boomerangs thrown up. I wonder what an Aussie might say if they walked into an Outback? or for that matter the car?

I don't get the thing about ghetto. why would a woman with 4 kids be ghetto?

I hate when people use a term to mean entirely something different. Like money, a basketball may make a shot and the announcer says "that shot is money! "

another one fixin' as in "I'm fixin' to go get me a steak."

and since when did Ass go from being a part of the body, or a donkey to a derogatory expression for a person. "He's such an ass."

THis one i like "Can you dig it?" . yes i can (secretly wish i was around for the 60s)

Ugh, I hate it when someone says "hey mami" ,"boo" and "shawty" too. The one I really hate is "ya dig?" Umm, no dude, I don't carry a shovel. I guess "ya dig" would be and updated saying for "Can you dig it" Darla.

Ok this is all kinds of inappropriate, but the word I hate is often used to refer to the female anatomy. T-W-@-T.

omg. WHERE did this word come from?! I could never call my special purpose the T-word! lol

H8!

Originally Posted by Darla_G /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm confused (can happen easily)
I understand the Aussie stereotypes that are perpetuated (mate, barbie, gday) , too much Crocodile Dundee and Outback Restaurants here i suppose. Is that even an Australian menu because the decor is just generic with a few boomerangs thrown up. I wonder what an Aussie might say if they walked into an Outback? or for that matter the car?

I don't get the thing about ghetto. why would a woman with 4 kids be ghetto?

I live in the South, and not in a racially diverse area and there is still a lot of racism. So I hear a lot of "why does she keep having kids to stay on welfare, thats so ghetto"- type comments. I guess I should have explained further. My bad, i was trying to say that ghetto is being used out of context.

Ok I will shut up now.
9.gif

Awe man I hate hate HATE when people say preggers...don't know what it is about that word, just make me nauseous when I hear it. Also 'we're pregnant' last time I checked it was the womans feet up in the stirrups having a baby not a mans...lol. Those phrases just annoy me to no end!!

I hate cutesy words like "preggers" and "hubby" or "hubbies". I can´t imagine calling my fiancé my "hubby" one day. It just sounds so unmasculine.

Oh and I´m with you guys on "boo". I also don´t like the word "poo", I mean, at least say poop or shit. There is really nothing cute about feces lol

You guys reminded me of more! lol

When adults refer to each other as daddy or mommy, or even worse, "mami"

I also hate when a female sibling is just called "Sissy"

haha you said shit. I feel you on the hubby, I never refer to him as that with my IRL friends, but the terms I call him can not be used here. lol. Andi great avatar!

When someone remotely my own age or younger calls me "hun, dear or sweety". Unless you're my grandmother refer to me by my name.
idiot.gif

Johnnie are you in the South, we ge that a lot here, people are starting to call me mamm that irritates me only because I dont want to be old. But it could be wrose they could be saying uhm *itch excuse me, instead of uhm mamm excuse me.

Back