Now that the elections over....

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
do you think this will be a day you will remember forever? I know lots of people can remember what they were doing when 9/11 happened for example and seeing as this is a huge historical moment I know I will never forget what I was doing.

What were your reactions as soon as it was announced for a fact? Did you cry (good or bad lol)? Are you apprehensive for what will come next?

(I'm posting this here as the Political thread will soon be gone and I think this is something we'd like to maybe discuss)

I am unsure.. Obama is a very good speaker but for me I will just have to wait.

I smiled when I woke up to the news... I swear I tried to stay awake, but I passed out...

It scares me though, because I still am hearing the ignorance on the news... And ppl aren't taking it in stride... They're making him out to be a messiah... I dunno if those who supported him realize that we ALL have to work to improve America. His being president creates the environment. Not the solution to our problems. We're responsible for that... And Mc Cain supporters need to realize that we have spoken. We're not into the negativity and marginalization of our people. We want to unite and work for a better future for our children. We don't need the attitude.

I wish Obama well. And I hope each American realizes that he has to put his shoulder to the wheel now.

I got a little teary eyed when I watched it. It's a HUGE part of American history and I will definitely remember it forever. We'll be telling our kids and grand kids about yesterday when they learn about it in school! It's amazing how far we've come in America and I couldn't imagine living anywhere else.

Originally Posted by -Chelsey- /img/forum/go_quote.gif I got a little teary eyed when I watched it. It's a HUGE part of American history and I will definitely remember it forever. We'll be telling our kids and grand kids about yesterday when they learn about it in school! It's amazing how far we've come in America and I couldn't imagine living anywhere else. Exactly my reaction and thoughts as well!

Oooohh!

At first I thought they stuck that picture announcing him as Pres early- by mistake because they went to commercial with him at 207 and our polls had just closed (8 pm for us) then they showed clips of people screaming and crying and celebrating and showed he was OVER the electoral and I said HOLY SH*T! He did it!!!

Then I cried a little and my hands shook as I texted "WOO-HOO!" to everyone, lol!!!

Then my goofy daughter called (I answered the phone Democrats Headquarters!) and she didn't know what I was all excited about and I told her and she said "HE WON!!!!" and got on myspace and was all excted.

My son called and I thought he was in a BAR but he was in the dorms and it was so loud I couldn't hear him from all the celebrating and I told him to get to a tv because the victory speech was about to come on and there I heard thunder as all the kids started tearing down the stairs to the social area where the tv was, lol!!

Then he called back actually from a bar and it was useless to talk, the noise was beyond control; he said everyone was happy and celebrating and people were in the streets just rejoicing and laughing- it was amazing!

icon_cheesygrin.gif

This was definitely a where were you moment...and I was im-ing 6 people at one time, talking to my husband and mother on the phone, and it just came out of the blue, Nury (or Tris) typed 333 146 and i was like wtf is that, lol, looked up at the TV, Jesse Jackson was crying, and I just got cold. I got the chills and i was freaking out crying. It was a great moment.

I was asleep. I just went to bed because it was kind of obvious Obama was going to win anyway. lol.

It definitely is an historic event, though. I think it's awesome that we're going to have a black President and that so many people turned out to vote. I'm a little apprehensive, though, since I disagree with the vast majority of Obama's politics. But I'm sure I'm not alone in hoping/wishing for nothing but the best for his Presidency.
smile.gif

I loved it. I was moved to tears. I will never forget. Never. And I got to vote in this historic election!

But like Reese, I am concerned about the ignorance that is still spewing. I would love to be able to punch Ralph Nader in his face.

I was online going over it watching who won electoral votes with my Welsh friend who was just as interested as me in the election. He said our choice in a President much affects them too as it does us. I enjoyed it this time around than the last elections which ended in confusion with Florida... there were no controversy in that aspect.

Anyways, the only thing I found annoying was when McCain was doing his speech and congratulating Obama - his supporters started booing whenever he mentioned Obama. While at Obama's speech - I heard applause when McCain was mentioned.

I felt compassion for gay folks and prop 8 not going through.

I was hoping people were ready for that change...

I'm happy this has happen in my lifetime and really it's exciting to see how our future will pend out.

i was with my friends watching the results, and at first i was confused because I thought it was a mistake, then i realize that everyone was celebrating i was like "Ohhhh" hahaha

definitely an important moment in history~ i'm anxious for the future but excited at the same time.

a lot of people were like "i'm scared for america" (mostly republicans)...but come on, what's done is done. gotta focus for tomorrow right?

I definitely think it's something I will remember forever, and I am SOOO glad I got to be a part of it.

When I found out me and my mom hugged, I high fived my brother.. then just watched the coverage and got all teary eyed. I was just so excited and happy and PROUD of my country.

It is funny that you ask if i will remember what i was doing.... The sad thing is I was waiting to watch my DVR'd DWTS from the previous night. I wanted to know who won the presidency, but also wanted to catch up on my favorite TV show. So in a wierd way I will always think of DWTS when I think about it. Sort of wierd, but they vote on that show too!!!!!
roflmao.gif

Originally Posted by msmegz /img/forum/go_quote.gif I definitely think it's something I will remember forever, and I am SOOO glad I got to be a part of it.
When I found out me and my mom hugged, I high fived my brother.. then just watched the coverage and got all teary eyed. I was just so excited and happy and PROUD of my country.

And don't you know, the last 8 years of Bush and the GOP have made it impossible to be proud of this country.It's a weird, curious feeling to have pride in this country. Unfamiliar, even.

Nothing has changed yet and it will be long time but just the fact that the tide has turned, that people WOKE up and saw it was time for new ideas, new strategies and the same old same old was no longer acceptable-that the old politics were killing this country and taking the rest of the world with it.

People finally had enough of old, out of touch, politics controlling our lives and saw it was time to get fresh.

i was at a huge democratic party here in miami beach. Defitnetly never forget this experience

Originally Posted by Jinx /img/forum/go_quote.gif And don't you know, the last 8 years of Bush and the GOP have made it impossible to be proud of this country.It's a weird, curious feeling to have pride in this country. Unfamiliar, even.

Nothing has changed yet and it will be long time but just the fact that the tide has turned, that people WOKE up and saw it was time for new ideas, new strategies and the same old same old was no longer acceptable-that the old politics were killing this country and taking the rest of the world with it.

People finally had enough of old, out of touch, politics controlling our lives and saw it was time to get fresh.

It truly did feel like that and I agree, it's an unfamiliar feeling because God knows I was no way patriotic in the past 8 years...

I do think it's historic but I didn't cry or anything. I don't know why-I am just glad the election and campaigning is over!

Originally Posted by Jinx /img/forum/go_quote.gif And don't you know, the last 8 years of Bush and the GOP have made it impossible to be proud of this country.It's a weird, curious feeling to have pride in this country. Unfamiliar, even.

I completely agree! I am so proud of this country that's probably the reason I cried last night. This was my first year voting and I was never into politics until this election. I also thought it was awesome when the news channels were showing other countries celebrating Obama's victory, it was like the whole world was at peace in a way.

Latest posts

Back