Vogue Wants Michelle Obama

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
2d0d98a45f34c1c9_Michelle_Obama_in_Narciso.xlarger.jpg

Quote:
She's not even first lady yet, but Michelle Obama is in high demand. Vogue, who's shown no modesty in their support for Obama, wants to feature Michelle on its front cover. If Michelle accepts, she will be the second first lady to ever grace the cover of its magazine. “Starting with Eleanor Roosevelt, it’s been a long-standing tradition to photograph the new first lady. So needless to say, we are very interested in working with Mrs. Obama. Precisely how is still being discussed,†said a Vogue spokesman. The fashionable first lady, seen left in Narciso Rodriguez's red and black confection, would potentially be following in the footsteps of former First Lady Hillary Rodham Clinton, who appeared on the December 1998 issue.

What do you think? Do you like her style?

I personally don't think she is a fashion icon? and i know a lot of people are raving about her style, but i don't see it as being as special as people make it look....she dresses nicely, but its nothing that should be considered as an iconic remarkable style imo or anything. Not my personal style anyways.

A lot of people are comparing her to Jackie O. I don't know, every once in awhile, she looks really nice. Then there are other times where I'm thinking "what on earth is she wearing"? It's kind of hit or miss, but at least she isn't afraid to take chances.

I think she could look really great with the Vogue stylists styling her.

I don't think they're necessarily looking for icons... I know Michelle could rock it. If Hilary was on there...

I don't see anything special or outstanding about her style. i imagine that they want to have her on the cover because of who she is married to, not because of who she is or what she wears.

First lady style is not my style but I did think that black and white dress she wore on the View was pretty! Nothing really jumping out to me otherwise.

To me she looks like a regular every day person. Like a woman you might see while waiting for your kids to come out of school or at the grocery store. Not especially glamorous or stylish, but always very nice looking and put together.

I think she has a much more interesting style then most first ladies (hilary's rainbow of pantsuits?????) so I like her for that. I'm not saying a love everything I see her in, but at least it's not always boring. She does have a rockin body, though, so she would look fabulous in whatever vogue put her in.

I could care less about what the "first lady" wears. She does have to remember that for the next 4 years it is her husband who will be in the spotlight. I hope she does not try to put herself in the spotlight. I am waiting to see what "real and necessary " cause she will take on as her project as first lady.

Althought Bush was not my favorite president, I think Laura was the most proper first lady we have had in years. If Michelle Obama is half as good as Laura Bush, then she will get the support of America.

Originally Posted by flychick767 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I could care less about what the "first lady" wears. She does have to remember that for the next 4 years it is her husband who will be in the spotlight. I hope she does not try to put herself in the spotlight. I am waiting to see what "real and necessary " cause she will take on as her project as first lady.
Althought Bush was not my favorite president, I think Laura was the most proper first lady we have had in years. If Michelle Obama is half as good as Laura Bush, then she will get the support of America.

I could not agree with this more! Unfortunatley, I do feel like she will try & put herself in the limelight & I believe that she has her own agenda. I hope time proves me wrong

I love Michelle Obama's style, glad Vogue likes her! That gorgeous dress she wore at the speech after obama won the election was so chic!

I would love to have a dress that looked like that to wear with the gorgeous diamond necklace my fiance gave me from idonowidont.com for my birthday last week.

I wonder where she got it, I would look like such a movie star with it on!

Originally Posted by kaylin_marie /img/forum/go_quote.gif I think she has a much more interesting style then most first ladies (hilary's rainbow of pantsuits?????) so I like her for that. I'm not saying a love everything I see her in, but at least it's not always boring. She does have a rockin body, though, so she would look fabulous in whatever vogue put her in. I agree, she does have a much better style than other first ladies. I loved the Narciso Rodriguez dress.

Back