Evan Rachel Wood's Retro Makeup-Love it or Hate it?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Quote:
A year ago, most of you said it was annoying when people copy someone's look. But that was way before Evan Rachel Wood took things to the next level: dying her hair black, curling it in retro waves, drawing in her eyebrows, and, well, basically taking notes from Dita Von Teese's style. Evan recently split from Dita's ex-husband, Marilyn Manson, so it'll be interesting to see how her style evolves next. Do you love this retro look on her, or do you think Dita's the only one to pull it off?
52c235732c8e865c_evan-rachel-wood1.xlarge.jpg
Source: Love It or Hate It? Evan Rachel Wood's Retro Tribute | Celebrity Poll, Evan Rachel Wood, Love It or Hate It | BellaSugar - Beauty, Hair, & Skin.

Omg she's morphing into Dita. Personally I think Dita is the only one who can totally pull off this look.

Hate it
frown.gif
She looks much better with blonde hair. And I agree, only Dita can pull off the look.

Yeah, as soon as she started dating Marilyn Manson, she tried to turn herself into Dita. lol!

She looks ok, but Dita pulls the look off with ease.

eek.gif
Omg she looks so different in this picture! I much prefer this look on her, she looks so pretty:

evan-rachel-wood.jpg

I don't hate Evan but I really do hate how she's morphing into Dita. Many people didn't like Dita with Marilyn but they were one of my favorite hollywood couples and I thought it was so cool how different yet similar they're styles were. IMO, Marilyn will never replace Dita and she's the only one that can make this retro style modern with ease. With Evan, it just looks like a costume or a little girl playing dress up. So much for Marilyn calling Evan "the love of his life, his twin."

I hate it, she looks horrible, the makeup looks totally caked on! like she is wearing baby powder instead of makeup, ew.

She looks soo much better in the second picture that you posted Katie, sooo much better.

Apparently though, she isn't dating Marylin Mason anymore.

her lips are just too thin with the dark lipstick, looks like scissors

its just too severe on her

She looks unnaturally pale, like she's trying too hard. I don't like it at all. I think her original hair color and makeup makes her look fresh and young but the new style just makes her look like she's trying to be Dita...

Don't like it on her. It looks so severe and it kinda ages her...she looks much prettier as a blond IMO.

Hate it..maybe since her and Manson arent together anymore, she will go back to her original self rather than this cheap, hy-top, poor quality generic Dita Von Tese

I prefer Rachel as a blonde. The style doesn't suit her although when it looks good (like on dita) it looks stunning!

Wouldn't dita be an awesome Dare2Be?!

Marilyn Manson must have some special "qualities" if he can morph all his women into pale vampires.

Oh wow... Maybe this poor kid is living in Dita's shadow... The new look is a lil uncanny...

It's kinda weird that she should change her look now that she's with him. A lil more in the mortar than the pestle...

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif I prefer Rachel as a blonde. The style doesn't suit her although when it looks good (like on dita) it looks stunning!
Wouldn't dita be an awesome Dare2Be?!

Yes it would! Last time i won a dtb instead of choosing Scene Queen i was going to choose DTB Dita Von Teese.....but i was torn LOL. Oh well, if no one else does i'll choose it if i win/enter another dtb haha.

I dont even know who she is, but i hate it. She looks completely differant than she does in the pic of her with blonde hair, way better before

She looks okay with that look, but Dita really rocks it, compared to her Evan is just a pale copy.

Latest posts

Back