Men Targeted For New Ugg Boots

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
After becoming a must-have for women around the world, the Ugg Boot is now set to race to the top of men's wish lists.

Loved for their comfort and cosiness, the Ugg first found success when it was spotted on a host of stylish women, including SJP, Kate Moss and Sienna Miller.

Despite associations with female fashion, the style was initially developed for men, and were worn by Australian sheep-shearers, and then surfers and aviators in the 1970s.

Now brandishing the names of stylish male Ugg wearers, such as Brad Pitt, Justin Timberlake and Leonardo DiCaprio, the brand is leading an assault on the men's market with a launch set to take place in Covent Garden this week.

LEO1.jpg

Speaking to the Independent, Connie Rishwain, president of the US-owned firm Ugg Australia, admitted the task would be a challenge, but added, 'It's a feelgood brand. We're all about comfort and luxury. And at a time when people might not be able to remodel their house or buy a new car, they can buy a pair of boots.'

Even if they do get through to the boys, the real question may be, will women want to see their men in Ugg boots, or is that a style statement too far?

Source: Men targeted for new Ugg boots | Fashion news | Marie Claire

Haha! These won't catch on! Guys will associate them with girls shoes.

I asked my dad if he'd wear a pair of Uggs and he said "What are hugs?" LOL I guess that's a no then
wink.gif

LOL!! they look sooo cheesy on Leonardo! omg
rofl.gif

Those are just a no no for men, haha!

Well I never had a problem with anything associated with womens fashions!!
smile.gif
. But those are UGGly!!! Ewwwww

dear lord.

I remember they used to be super popular back in the day, and all my girlfriends and I would wear them with skinny jeans in winter. So lame! LOL

But they are so goddamn comfortable. I had a pink pair, haha!

I agree they are lame, but I love them for the comfort factor. I have three pair... my newest ones are the grey cardy's. I get so many compliments on them. I think they look ridiculous with skirts though... I hate that look.

My bf wants Uggs for the comfort factor, but I told him they are a NO for guys. If anything I'll get him a pair of Ugg slippers like my dad has. They are great.

They are uggly...All my gf's have them, but I never caught on. I tend to like my shoes with a bit of style factor in it. Although I did try them on at a shoe store and they're damn comfortable. Who knows, maybe one of these days I'll buy a pair...My dad said he'd wear them. LOL, my dad's going through his mid life crisis, at this point he'll say YES to anything
lol.gif

I still have my uggies lol They're pretty daggy, but they're soooo comfortable. I don't think they were ever intended to be "fashionable" they're more of a practical fashion item.

Rosie, remember when it was also popular to wear your uggs with mini skirts, that was one trend I didn't follow!

Oh god, uggs with mini skirts! I saw a girl wearing a denim mini skirt, tights and uggs on the bus the other day...

I'd kill my boyfriend if he started wearing Ugg's, they look so unmasculine! And I still see girls with the mini skirts and Ugg's, I always remember seeing a girl with like a suedy brown skirt, leopard skin tights and black Ugg's, I felt embarrassed for her.

Oh no!

I thought it was bad enough every 1 out of 2 girls here is wearing them. I understand the practical reason for them as we are in Canada and its cold and snowy... but still I havent bought a pair...

I hope these never catch on with the men. I think they are too feminine (not really but made that way by how many girls wear them). As well as too ugly and would just look so wrong on a guy. Arrg.

Originally Posted by Orangeeyecrayon /img/forum/go_quote.gif is that a purple velour track suit he is wearing? Thats exactly what I was thinking, much worse then the boots!!
yuck.gif

Back