I hate my cable company!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
In my complex, only one cable company will provide us service and that is TVMAX. TVMAX continually goes out and fizzles. I pay them on time every single month and I get crappy service. The internet has started going out all of the time too and it's really ticking me off. I'm not going to move just to change my service. I really need to write them a long letter of complaint. I'm tired of paying so much and not being able to watch TV or surf the Internet whenever I want to.

wacko.gif

Comcast sucks here... Same types of things and they want to raise the rates!! But Verizon just ran FIOS by the house so we may be changing soon!!
smile.gif

Yeah, I'd complain too and not just to the cable company but the apartment complex as well. It might not even be the cable company's fault to be honest, it sounds like it could very well be a wiring issue in the building that the apartment management would be responsible for.

I just hung up the phone with my cable co, Time Warner and they are so annoying. A tech needs to come to my house tomorrow, one of the boxes and my digi phone isn't working.

I have a contract with them for another year but I keep hearing about how great and reasonable FIOS is I definitely want to change over to that!!!!

I want to try FIOS too, but I don't know if I'd actually USE that much bandwidth and I don't know what their usage policies for it are. I mean, I wonder what they'd do if you actually USED that much bandwidth on a regular basis? I know my friend got kicked from Comcast for consistently using a lot of bandwidth, I wonder if Verizon implements the same kind of policy? Not only that but I HATE working with Verizon. Their end user support is terrible and I can say from experience that their carrier level support isn't any better. I always cringe when I have to work with them. It really says something when Verizon didn't even win the contracts for Verizon Wireless...

I'm planning on giving Time Warner the heave-ho for DirecTV.

I'm a sports fan and they had a contractual tiff with the local broadcast station that carries the local NFL team (Buffalo Bills) so the first several games weren't carried, plus they don't carry the NFL channel.

I currently get 3 regional sports networks, could pay more $ to get one more.

For about the same amount I'd have to pay TW for HD and the 4 regional sports channels, I can get HD and 20 regional sports channels, including the missing NFL channel, plus WE and other channels if for some reason I couldn't find a game I liked.

My wife likes college football and all forms of basketball, so she likes the idea.

Thats funny cause I've been on and off the phone with embarq all damn night. I have DSL cause I live in the boondocks and cable doesn't even run to my house (!!!) lol so my friggin internet is going in and out, and my tv is digital and it's all wonky and wierd lookin and the sound isn't on time with the picture. Gah I hate it. I really don't know how to solve anything,because everyone I talk to either seems really disinterested in helping me, or so quiet I can't hear them at all, or I can't understand their accent, or they can't understand me. One girl kept yawning on the phone and it was really pissing me off, and she was like laughing at her coworkers and talking to them and stuff and i'm like LADY HELLO you're not getting paid to cut up with your buddies and ignore me.

ARG!!

That sucks, but when my cable goes out, I call the cable company and they give me a credit. I would prefer the cable, but at least I get a credit when it goes out.

Back