So what should I get...this or this.....

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As much as I love Stila I'd go with the first option. You get more products as well. On stila both of those palettes look very similar.

Originally Posted by Adrienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif As much as I love Stila I'd go with the first option. You get more products as well. On stila both of those palettes look very similar. Thats very true, I just noticed that :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've heard good things about the Coastal Scents palettes, if you choose one of those I'd go with the neutral shadows, If you go with Stila, I like the Stila Stars Set

I'd go for the first one, just 'cos there's more stuff there haha
tongue.gif

I went ahead and did a search for reviews on Stila's stuff listed and they were really iffy, as usual one of the palettes were all shimmery (don't know if you like that though) and the rest was all okay. Nothing spectacular from what I read if that makes any difference.

Originally Posted by Adrienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif I went ahead and did a search for reviews on Stila's stuff listed and they were really iffy, as usual one of the palettes were all shimmery (don't know if you like that though) and the rest was all okay. Nothing spectacular from what I read if that makes any difference. Yeah I think I have way too many shimmery shadows. Thanks for searching..I really appreciate it...Im suppose to be working
unsure.gif

I never tried Coastal Scents but it looks really nice. I especially like the look of the contour and blush set.

I'd go with the Coastal Scents palettes. I've been hearing such good things about the products and seeing a ton of people using them in youtube videos. Plus, you get a ton of product as compare to the Stila sets.

i would go with the costal scents. the pallettes are really good for the price. and the color pay of is good (though you are sticking with mostly neutrals but that will mean you will be able to see the diffrence between them) plus i like them cause even though when you are applying the actual make up you get a lot of fall out, they are super easy to blend and than you just wipe off the fall out

I am sure Coastal Scents purchase their palettes from some company in China and ebay sellers in Hong Kong sell it cheaper.

I don't necessarily trust makeup from unknown brands where the makeup is manufactured in China. Tainted milk and pet food has killed babies and pets, respectively. Not to mention kohl and toy products have been tested positive for lead. I rather buy a product made in a country with rigid standards because I know it is safer. So Stila for me.

Originally Posted by hopeless novice /img/forum/go_quote.gif I am sure Coastal Scents purchase their palettes from some company in China and ebay sellers in Hong Kong sell it cheaper.
I don't necessarily trust makeup from unknown brands where the makeup is manufactured in China. Tainted milk and pet food has killed babies and pets, respectively. Not to mention kohl and toy products have been tested positive for lead. I rather buy a product made in a country with rigid standards because I know it is safer. So Stila for me.

You know I actually didnt think about this....good point!

Originally Posted by hopeless novice /img/forum/go_quote.gif I am sure Coastal Scents purchase their palettes from some company in China and ebay sellers in Hong Kong sell it cheaper.

While I agree with you with foreign cosmetics you still have to be careful with the ones you buy here in the states as they are not regulated by the FDA.

Quote:
Regulatory Authority

The regulatory requirements governing the sale of cosmetics are not as stringent as those that apply to other FDA-regulated products. Under the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic (FD&C) Act, cosmetics and their ingredients are not required to undergo approval before they are sold to the public. Generally, FDA regulates these products after they have been released to the marketplace. This means that manufacturers may use any ingredient or raw material, except for color additives and a few prohibited substances, to market a product without a government review or approval.

But some regulations do apply to cosmetics. In addition to the FD&C Act, the Fair Packaging and Labeling Act requires an ingredient declaration on every cosmetic product offered for sale to consumers. In addition, these regulations require that ingredients be listed in descending order of quantity. Water, for example, accounts for the bulk of most skin-care products, which is why it usually appears first on these products.

Although companies are not required to substantiate performance claims or conduct safety testing, if safety has not been substantiated, the product's label must read "WARNING: The safety of this product has not been determined."

"Consumers believe that 'if it's on the market, it can't hurt me,'" says Bailey. "And this belief is sometimes wrong." FDA's challenge comes in proving that a product is harmful under conditions of use or that it is improperly labeled. Only then can the agency take action to remove adulterated or misbranded products from the marketplace.

Source
It's pretty bad that the ones who regulate our cosmetics don't have higher standards.

I like the Stila set. I guess it is because I trust it alot more just like Novice said. But theres also more stuff I personally would use in the Stila set. I hope you enjoy which ever you get!

Back