Really upset

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am just really upset. Last night I went to the home of a friend who was having a holiday gift card dessert sale. I figured I would buy some holiday cards and enjoy nice company. I and another friend had to leave early, and as I was leaving the front of my car bumped another car. As soon as I realized I had hit the other car, I stopped and we both got out and looked at the other car. The other car's bumper was scrapped with white paint while my car has green paint.

Obviously, they already had that damage. We both figured I had done no damage, so we left. Today I got a call from the other person and said that I had hit their car and they wanted me to pay for it and that it was pretty crappy of me to hit their car and just leave. I said that I did bump another car, by accident, but did no damage to their car, and I have a witness.

When I asked them what the damage was, they said that their bumper was dented and that their was paint on their bumper. When I asked what color paint, they said white, and I said well my car is green, so it could not have been me.

I even told my husband because honestly it was just a small bump and there was no damage. I know that I did not hit that other car hard, and my friend was even with me.

I am going to fight this. I do not think I should be responsible to fix someone else's car when I know it was not me.

Maybe I should have gone inside and find the owner of the other car, but honestly, I know I did not hit the other car hard. And, I will be honest, I have bumped a few cars while parking, who has not. And the one time I did do damage, I left my name and number.

And, how many times have you bumped another car and realized you did no damage and done nothing. Exactly my point.

Sorry that happened. But if you are involved in an accident, always call the police and make a report, because though you saw no damage that you assumed you caused, now that there was no immediate third party intervention (the police) to immediately do***ent damage that he saw, it is gonna be hard to prove. Never hit and run, even if you think you did no damage. I hope it all works out for the best
smile.gif

Working in car insurance I can assure you that a hit and run is the last thing you want on your driving record (no matter how minimal the damage). You lose your license for a certain amount of time, have to carry SR-22 (at least where I live at), which is 20% more charge than regular insurance and you have to carry it for years.

Whether it was damaged or not, ALWAYS get a police report done whether you're at fault or not. I can not stress this enough and you'd be surprised how many incidents are not reported to the police.

I understand that the damage may have been none but if you had called the police at least the cop could've seen that there was no paint off from you car and made a note of it. Then when you're insurance company inspected their vehicle, they could've denied it to it obviously having been there already. Plus, even if the damage didn't seem like it came off your car, being at the end of a hit and run is never fun as you are the one who then gets stuck with the bill.

It's always best to just call the police, let them do their job (no matter how small) and let the insurance take care of it.

Good advice Adrienne! I can tell you're a pro! LOL! That does suck though! I hope it works out!

My husband talked with the other womans husband, and we are meeting them today after work to discuss this. I will let evryone know what happens.

I do wish you the best of luck.

The main reason I advise to always get a police report is bc let's say you had informed them originally (or like what you're gonna do today) at any given time they can just file a report even if you fixed the damages. It would suck to get drawn out in some lawsuit and spend money on getting a lawyer to defend yourself. You've got some crazy ppl out there and you don't want to spend more money than you should have to. Just make sure you get legal do***entation before you meet up to make sure that if they try to rip you off, you have legal do***entation that will hold up court. Best of luck
smile.gif

Well, we met with the other person and looked at their bumper. It was obvious that I did absolutly no damage to their bumper. The other woman's husband even agreed that I did no damage.

So, in the end, I was vindicated.

My husband was a little upset though about my hitting another car and not telling him until the other person called me. I told him I was sorry I did not tell him at the time, but I did not think it was that big of a deal.

Latest posts

Back