What is the BEST foundation you have ever used?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm trying to find a really good foundation. I've used possibly every drugstore brand but I'm ready to branch out haha. I've heard good things about MAC Studio Tech but I want to make sure before I go out and get some. So what is the best foundation you've ever used EVER? Price doesn't matter
biggrin.gif

There are quite a few threads on foundations..just try the search function. But to answer your question, Estee Lauder Double Wear is the best I've tried.

so far? Revlon Colorstay

also, BB creams are my new fav lol

and my fav combo is tinted moisturizer and minerals on top.

What's your skintype?

So far, I've really liked Diorskin Forever and MUFE HD. Studio Fix covers a lot, but the finish is just not as beautiful.

Originally Posted by laurie_lu /img/forum/go_quote.gif The 'original' Revlon Colorstay before they added that Softflex crap to it. ITA it was a dream before softflex
eiertritt.gif
, but I still tolerate it. I love MUFE's HD right now

Laura Mercier Oil Free..this is the only foundation that never broke me out and I've tried tons of different kinds. As soon as I finish the bottle I have now I'm definitley trying the MUF HD that everyone is raving about !!!
smile.gif

the links that x33cupcake posted will answer some of your questions and i totaly agree i LOVE the MUFE foundation but i tend to use studio tech in the winter! GEt a sample at a counter if you can

Definately the Bobbi Brown Stick Foundation - even coverage and great for building up and blending. I believe its gonna be $36 in the US if memory serves.

I have dry skin and live in the Phoenix area; dry, dry, dry. My best foundation, although a bit expensive, is Estée Lauder's Resilience Lift Extreme Ultra Firming Makeup SPF 15. It was a winner in the CEW awards for '08. I also like Double Wear Light. Revlon's ColorStay is more economical and works well for me with a good moisturizer.

Revlon colorstay. Unfortunately I couldn't find a match. I want to try estee lauder doublewear.

Originally Posted by Ashley /img/forum/go_quote.gif What's your skintype?
So far, I've really liked Diorskin Forever and MUFE HD. Studio Fix covers a lot, but the finish is just not as beautiful.

I agree! Here´s my top 33rd: MAC Studio Fix Fluid has good coverage but it can end up looking unnatural.

2nd: DiorSkin Forever Extreme was nice & natural looking, but sometimes it kinda wore off during the day

1st: MUFE HD foundation. Looks extremely natural, covers well, and the best thing is that the coverage is buildable. At nighttime I can apply it heavier for a flawless look, and it still doesn´t look caked on. Oh, and it´s the most longlasting foundation I have ever tried

I am really loving perscriptives flawless skin and the moisture one.....very good foundations...I actually think they are worth the expensive price tag....

i cant say just one, because my skin has been through different stages of acne-covered,oily,dry/flaky,reddened,splotchy,sun-spot covered..ugh, you name it.

but thinking about this question, over the years the foundations that i've really

really had good results for that time being:

revlon age defying (when dry and wrinkly)

lancome teint ideole (when semi oily and semi flaky)

revlon colorstay (always come back to this to KNOW i wont aggravate acne)

estee lauder ideal matte...or double matte (when really oily)

most recently i got the Dior forever extreme wear, and while i like it (it goes on

velvety smooth), i feel like i have to touch up oily areas (my nose) too much

through the day....so maybe it will work better when my skin dries back

up this winter
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back