*Need a 2nd opinion*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I work in a salon as a receptionist and do makeup on the side. The owner has come to me asking if I would like to start doing Makeup for the salon. I've done some research with MAC, Too Faced, Urban Decay, and others. Mostly stuff at Sephora Our salon is a very trendy up to date business. Which one do you ladies think would be best? I haven't used them all but I'm sure some of you have. I like Urban Decay... but I'm not sure if our salon would be ready for a vibrant color pallette?

Do you have to use all one brand or can you use a selection? If you can use a selection I'd use things from lots of different brands but if not MAC or Urban Decay would probably be better over all.

It is extremely hard for a salon to get to carry a retail brand makeup line. If you're looking to have just for your kit, don't limit yourself to one brand but pick your favs from all. If you use only one brand, it looks suspicious to a client... most pro makeup artists use a bit of everything. If your salon is looking to carry a line to retail, they may have to go with a salon based brand like Tigi or Aveda, etc.

If you're just talking about what brands to use in your kit, I'd go with MAC or MUFE. But lipstickgrrll is right, if the salon is going to be selling the products, you'll have to find a salon based brand.
smile.gif

Back