Turkey or the Sides?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
If Thanksgiving came around and you were only allowed to pick either the turkey or the side dishes, which one would you choose? This came up to me this morning when I was talking to my brother and he jokingly told my mom there better be a turkey in the oven the following days. My mom joked back saying she was only going to make the side dishes at which I responded "Fine by me!"

Personally, while I love turkey I think I would much rather have a meal of green beans, mashed potatoes with gravy and so on. As a matter of fact, usually when I serve my plate, I have more of the side dishes as servings than I do turkey LOL.

So what would you prefer?

sides!!! i have a piece of turkey,and then pile my plate with gobs of everything else. i cant WAIT!

sides
smile.gif
screw that turkey, LOL

You know with the way the economy is going this year I think about those that must do without.

I am used to the turkey and the sides, but just always gives me pause.

Turkey!!! turkey!!! Then cold turkey sandwichs for days and days!!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Karren /img/forum/go_quote.gif Turkey!!! turkey!!! Then cold turkey sandwichs for days and days!!
smile.gif
. Me, too. Wow K we have a lot in common
wink3.gif
!

Originally Posted by aprill /img/forum/go_quote.gif sides
smile.gif
screw that turkey, lol Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif hands down i would pick stuffing. me toooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

definitely sides! green bean casserole, stuffing, sweet potato mash (lots of marshmallows), and some broccoli and cheese casserole my mom makes. can you tell i'm excited? i don't even put turkey on my plate.

We don't do thanksgiving, but I'd pick sides.. I love the peas, potatoes, corn, pumpkin... all that stuff. Yum!

(and is stuffing really a side? I LOVE stuffing - we have a sausage stuffing that is to die for!)

and another thing, you guys really have sweet potato with marshmallow? I won't knock it until I've tried it but seriously?

I'd pick sides, I do love turkey, but that would only take a small section of my plate up...mmm baked vegges!

Ok...potato and marshmellow... I dunno about that!

you guys just don't know!!! yams and mallows rock!

I am totally a mashed potatoes type of girl... I can honestly eat an entire pot of mashed potatoes.

TURKEY!!!! We get a smoked Greenberg Turkey every year..... to die for, my mouth is watering as i type. Cold Turkey leftovers.... love it...

As for the Sweet potatoes and marshmellow.... my whole family love them but they are not my thing.... but it wouldn't be thanksgiving without them!!!!

HUH!? What!?!? I never heard of yams without the mellows!! They're awesome!!! I know they're technically called Candied Sweet Potatoes. You can make it with molasses, mellows, maple syrup or other sweet ingredients. Maybe it's just big here in the south?

yams.jpg

Back