Perfect Glowy Blush

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I need one bad!!!

I was so happy to find the orgasm blush being sold at a store in my own city and just as disapointed to find out that the only way to get the damn blush is to order it online.....How the hell do they expect me to buy a 45,- euro costing blush stick that I dont even know how the result is going to be on my own skin....Im sorry but I just cant

The most stupid thing EVER: they had testers of the powder blush by nars, the lipgloss, lipstick, foundation etc etc...but the multiple stick? hell no....

So im back to where I started, finding the perefct blush thats gives a GOOD glow, not the half matte/half gloss type of finish...I want a nice good 'out there' glow.

So what is the perfect blush to achieve this look I want?

Ive looked in sephora and some other stores but they dont have every brand out there available over here. I am willing to take a huge guess on buying something I didnt test before, but not when it costs me almost 50,-

So help please?

i am a huge fan of the tarte cheek stains... i find they give me a really nice glow they have a decent selection of colors for a smaller brand (i think there are lke 10 diffrent colors of the creme brush that i am talking about)

i would recomend trying before buying because well you may not like the texture and to find a color you like... and they are a little pricey at 28 USD

Edit: i have class later aka in like 5 minutes and i wont be back till late... but when i do get back i shall take a swatch of the blush so you can kinda get a better idea of what i am talking about and it will give you a chance to see if it is what you want.

im still in search of this hun....the only way i have found to acheive this glow is to use a mineral liquid veil, i use Napoleon perdis in mosow, i apply this where u want the glow and then i apply loreal blush to the cheeks....

I really like the NARS multiples, but it is pricy (i didn't pay full price though)

if they have milani there i'd recommend mai tai or luminous lol

The only one i love is MAC barbie pearl sunshine and its LE!!!!!!!!! Im so sorry. i dont know whats comparable

I have mac cream blush in blossoming, and i love it more than my orgasn my nars... I have gotten so many compliments on it, one girl was soo impressed by it she told she was going to get it herself and even showed her mother the nice glow it gave my face. Plus, i would say it flatters most, if not all complexions

Try a stain. Depending on the color you're wanting there are lots of options. If you want a flushed look you can try benetint, or try the cheek stains by Tarte. They are fantastic and have several colors to choose from. They've got pinks, peaches, reds. They have a sheer buildable coverage and give that kind of dewy glowy look without being a shimmerfest. They're also pretty easy to work with as they don't immediately soak in and dry like some stains do, not giving you any time to mess with it.

Also Nars has creme blushes, that can give the same effect, I have deep throat and I love it.

Try a cheek stain, or a creme blush. You can also try an illuminator on top of a matte blush to achieve the same effect. I like to use my blush, and then use some Benefit High Beam on the backs of my cheekbones, really gives me a healthy natural looking glow.

I like Smashbox O-Glow, and EDM All Smiles (it looks just like Orgasm to me). Maybe you can get one of those easier than Orgasm?

I love Milani Mango Tango blush. I attached a picture of me wearing it without foundation just to show how much it makes you look alive and glowing!

Attachment 42596

Not the best picture but look how pretty it is!!!!

Emperical that really looks nice and glowy
smile.gif

I really like it!!

Everyone else thanks a lot!

I know smashbox is sold on strawberrynet so I can check that out and maybe e-bay for the other brands

I know that nars is sold on ebay as well but there are a lot of fakers around...and Im not planning to pay a lot and definiteley not for a fake one...

But I have some blushes to look after, so thanks!

MAC Pinch O Peach is mine.. you may find it is even quite close to Orgasm... it is a peachy-pink.. soooo lovely.

I usually just use MAC Vanilla Pigment over whatever blush I'm using to make it glowy. I apply it with the Flirt feather brush. I used to use this Bonne Bell Blend n Glow over my blush, and it was actually decent and very very cheap but I much prefer the Vanilla pigment.

xg009j.gif

I also love Milani Luminous and TheBalm Hot Mama.

Originally Posted by xtiffanyx /img/forum/go_quote.gif I usually just use MAC Vanilla Pigment over whatever blush I'm using to make it glowy. I highlight over my blush as well, on my top of my cheek bone and on the apples... usually either with MAC Heatherette Alpha Girl Beauty Powder or MAC Sunsparked Pearl Beauty Powder, and then I spritzed with a luminizer spray and buff...it works wonders.

Have you ever tried Pupa`s baked blushes? (they are in a way similar to MAC`s MSF`s). They have about 6 or 7 pretty colors (I use the most natural one -n6) and it gives such a pretty natural glow to any complexion. Also if you are particularly looking for sticks, many other high end brands also have it (I`ve heard good things about Shiceido`s and YSL`s calming sticks) and I don`t think they cost more than Nars`s ones.

I usually just use MAC Vanilla Pigment over whatever blush I'm using to make it glowy. I apply it with the Flirt feather brush. I used to use this Bonne Bell Blend n Glow over my blush, and it was actually decent and very very cheap but I much prefer the Vanilla pigment.

This is a great idea!!!

Originally Posted by xtiffanyx /img/forum/go_quote.gif I usually just use MAC Vanilla Pigment over whatever blush I'm using to make it glowy. I apply it with the Flirt feather brush.
I also love Milani Luminous and TheBalm Hot Mama.

I do this too, I use Vanilla Pigment on some of my matte blushes and The Balm Hot Mama is one of my favorites too.

Originally Posted by empericalbeauty /img/forum/go_quote.gif I love Milani Mango Tango blush. I attached a picture of me wearing it without foundation just to show how much it makes you look alive and glowing!
Attachment 42596

Not the best picture but look how pretty it is!!!!

You really DO look glowing in that picture!
smile.gif
So pretty.
Other cheap but GLOWING blushes that I LOVE are Wet n Wild's Naive and E.L.F.'s blush in Glow. (duh) I LOVE that blush to bits and pieces. Wet N wild has this blush called "Shimmer", it's really a highlighter and you can put it over any blush to give it that radiant look.

Back