Finally Got Twilight

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, after a month of the book being on hold at the library (I didn't want to buy it unless I loved it) I got a call from the library that it was available for pickup. I've heard about the book forever but being a hardcore Harry Potter addict since 2000
wizard.gif
, at the time that Twilight was released Half-Blood Prince was released as well and I was hyped up waiting for Deathly Hallows. I hope I love it as much as I did the whole Harry Potter series.

You will, I have read the first two and I am now reading Eclipse. I can't wait to go see the movie on Thanksgiving
smile.gif

I have only read the first book, i want to read the rest but i'm afraid i'm goign to be disappointed with the second.

ok, i admit a small part of myself wants to jump to the last chapter of the last book as well
moa.gif

I am a hard core HP fan so I didn't bother reading twilight, plus the writing of twilight just can't be compared to HP.

I saw the movie though, it was alright. haha

After only 1 month??

Dang!

I've been waiting for a couple months and I doubt I'll see it before February.

When I went online to place a hold on it, I was something like #835 on the holds list and that is with 30 copies in the library system, lol!!

I do agree that the style is different. I can see why it's so popular with the ladies, Edward is such a charmer... The only reason I don't compare it to HP is because they're so different. Twilight is more of a love story and HP is all about a noble hero to save the world (and who doesn't love a good hero, not that Edward isn't)? I mean, you got colleges using HP as a bases for class courses lol.

Originally Posted by Jinx /img/forum/go_quote.gif After only 1 month??Dang!

I've been waiting for a couple months and I doubt I'll see it before February.

When I went online to place a hold on it, I was something like #835 on the holds list and that is with 30 copies in the library system, lol!!

Yea LOL small town!

I completely agree - I adored HP and I just wouldn't put it in the same boat at all.

Funny though, when I first started reading HP and also Twilight, I was like, wtf, this is really not that well written or interesting!

but here I am, a rabid fan of both
biggrin.gif

I really like the first and last of the books best, but the middle ones make the ending so much sweeter. Mags, reading the others won't disappoint you! it will make the story better!

The line is massive at my public library too, but my school has a copy just sitting on the shelf! I'll check it out sometime, I think.

I think it's really good and completely worth the time reading 500+ pages. It's comparable to Harry Potter, but so much better.

i'm on Breaking Dawn right now..I have mixed feelings about it. You'll like the first one though!

I have the first 2 books but haven't had time to start them yet; got them free from Scholastic Book Club (I coordinate all the parent orders at my preschool so I get all the bonus points and freebies!) I won't see the movie until I've read the book.

I keep hearing people talk about this book! I think I might have lunch and Barnes and Noble tomorrow and pick up a copy. I remember the huge craze that went along with Harry Potter and The DaVinci Code; I only made it halfway through the first book of HP and thought it was awful (runs away and hides under a rock) and I thought The Davinci Code was pretty interesting but people's reactions to it pissed me off. If nothing else, at least I'll be able to discuss it with people...since that's all anyone is talking about, anyway!
smile.gif

LOL Well I finished Twilight and had to buy all the other books already to add to my collection. I'm already half way finished with Eclipse and now I'm mad at myself for reading them too fast.

Idk but personally I like HP better, so much more detail and more involved to the story but Twilight is just so addictive!

Faith: I can understand about the first HP being kinda ehh but once you get past the first one it gets way more interesting imo. When I was reading it I was around the same age HP was i the book so I guess the book being a little childish as first still got my attention at the time. I grew up with HP (and he does grow up lol) so I that's why I'm still a little biased in that perspective.

Originally Posted by Adrienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif LOL Well I finished Twilight and had to buy all the other books already to add to my collection. I'm already half way finished with Eclipse and now I'm mad at myself for reading them too fast.
Idk but personally I like HP better, so much more detail and more involved to the story but Twilight is just so addictive!

Faith: I can understand about the first HP being kinda ehh but once you get past the first one it gets way more interesting imo. When I was reading it I was around the same age HP was i the book so I guess the book being a little childish as first still got my attention at the time. I grew up with HP (and he does grow up lol) so I that's why I'm still a little biased in that perspective.

Yeah, from what I read, the book seemed so kiddish. I have friends that love it, though, and they're always trying to convince me to give it another shot but I've just never gotten around to it. I might have to put it back on the reading list.

After some very heavy reading over the last while, it was so nice to have something light to read. I read the first two books in a week and am on the third now. I have really enjoyed them!! People seem to either love or hate them. For me, it was refreshing and relaing to read expecially being stuck in the house with pneumonia.. I curled up with a hot tea and Twilight!!! Enjoy!!

I went and got all 4 books last week, and loved the first one. Have started the second one.

Am itching to see Twilight when it comes out
smile.gif

Back