*Mineral Make-Up for Oily skin*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am one of the unblessed people with oily and acne prone skin. I haven't found a mineral make-up that can keep it under control for at least an hour! I've tried the Maybelline, Neutrogena, and Milani Minerals. I usually have to blot my face and use pressed powder to freshen up and I'm looking for a mineral make-up that could work a little longer than an hour. Do I have to spend the big money or is there something at the drugstores? Has anyone tried the Physicians Formula? If there are any other brands please let me know. Thanx.

I wish I could give some help but the only thing I've found that works for me is carrying blotting sheets. I use clean and clear blotting sheets and they work really well but I haven't yet found a mmu that helps prevent the oilies.

I use a primer and finishing powder.

I don't really have oily skin, but I've read a lot that primers with Kaolin Clay in them make good oil absorbing primers. I did some research on primers when trying to buy one to see the differences -- I had settled on a Rice Powder version since everybody was saying that Kaolin Clay helps for soaking up oils while the rice powder isn't as drying.

Originally Posted by Annelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif I don't really have oily skin, but I've read a lot that primers with Kaolin Clay in them make good oil absorbing primers. I did some research on primers when trying to buy one to see the differences -- I had settled on a Rice Powder version since everybody was saying that Kaolin Clay helps for soaking up oils while the rice powder isn't as drying. Does anyone know where I can get primers or powders with Kaolin Clay or Rice Poiwder in them?

the physicians formula is asolutely awesome. regular makeup makes me an oil slick by about 10, but i can wear that all the way till 3 without oilies, sometimes longer

you may try the online shopes. the offer a wonderful makeup for oily skin.

for an example I can recommend on Classy minerals, Dreamworld, Lumiere and a lot of other brands.

I have SUPER oily skin and Everyday Minerals has worked wonderfully compared to other MMU's (especially Bare Minerals). It's really great priced too. I heard Lumiere was even better so I've just ordered samples for it (I heard they have better coloring for Asian skin and lasts even longer than Everyday Minerals).

I have an oily t-zone and Bare Minerals works pretty well for me.
smile.gif

I love Meow's primer for Oily skin. Really controls the oil on my face for the whole day. I also really like EDM's Start to Finish with either the Kaolin or Rice Powder. They both work nicely for me.

Right now I am trying (prepare for a mouthfull) Dior's Diorskin Nude Natural Glow Fresh Powder Makeup. Here is the description on the dior website:

Quote:
This loose powder foundation contains nearly 20% water and offers the skin the sensation of freshness upon application. Water acts as a veritable moisturizing and energizing cocktail for the skin. The complexion glows intensely, radiant with well-being. Gradually, the skin becomes more beautiful. The finish is surprising and naturally luminous. The foundation is imperceptible, the complexion sublime, luminous and ultra-natural. Apply after fluid foundation or alone for a silky and transparent finish. The thing about this stuff is that it looks/works like mineral makeup. I am really impressed with this product! It feels cool when it goes on (because of the water in it) and it looks airbrushed, natural, and flawless. Where has this been all my life? Anyway, if you go to Sephora, please do try it out with a brush. It's amazing! I have really oily skin and it really soaks up the grease. =)

Howdy, (from Texas..ya know)

Try Joppa Minerals! They work great on my oily skin, and I don't have to wear a finishing powder or a primer in this brand as they already have all that good stuff in their full coverage formula. Cheap too...I get 50g jars for 16 bucks. Free shipping too and I get my order in about 3 days. I've been using them for over 2 years now, and love them. It's worth a try with a great selection of colors to sample.

Good luck to ya and hope ya find what yer a lookin fer...ya hear?

Hope this helps...

Me too! I was flaking in a week. It is hard to find the "just right" formulation for oily skin. Joppa works pretty dang good for me, and the newer formulation in Buff'd is not bad either. But, I haven't had very much luck with EDM..except for color matches...can't complain there.

I have really oily skin,

so I use the Absorb oil Powder item,use it before and after buffing the foundation.

i use this trick, it really work for me.

and i use Everydaymineral foundation 'Intensive coverage,' I think it would really work for using with this trick.

anyway when i use Semi-matte coverage, during the day my face is greasing.

Right now I'm loving Earthen Glow Minerals Cover Me foundation for oily and dry skin. It photographs well and on darker skinned clients the same holds true.

This made me realized that not all mineral makeups are suitabe for everyone even if is pure. It always depends of the formula and ingredients added. This is the reason why I created my own mineral makeup. It is so frustrating to try different kind of makeup only to find out that it is not for you. You really have to know which Mineral Makeup is right for you. if you have oily skin, avoid mineral makeup with Serecite Mica on it as it will turn your face to gray when your face starts getting oily. Serecite Mica is good for mature skin because it helps to improve the appearance of fine line and wrinkles. But if you have an oily skin, you should look of Mineral Makeup that contain Silica.

Latest posts

Back