I wish I could drink more water? How do people do it?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Seriously. I know my skin would look immensely fresher and more luminous if I drank more water but I'm not one of those water bottle toting types. I like my caffeine and alcohol - so sue me! Anyone got any tricks of the trade that will still let me get away with my decadent lifestyle of diet cokes and white wine while getting a little more glow? I know, drink more water! Got any other ideas?

I make myself drink at least one glass of water for every glass of soda or whatever that I drink. I also keep an ice cold water bottle with me when I'm driving, I don't know i like water when I'm driving lol. Maybe try using those lil packets of stuff that flavor your water? I guess just read the ingrediants to make sure they don't completely ruin the water by putting a ton of sugar and stuff in it.

You could try drinking tons of unsweetened tea (not green or black though, might be too much caffeine on top of your usual drinks), or use those Crystal Light packs (we don´t have em here so I don´t know how good they taste)

Really, once you get the hang of it you won´t be able to live without water. At first it seems like a drag, but then it will be a ritual to keep filling up the water bottle.

I drink about 5 600ml bottles a day at least, if i find they are getting boring i cut up a lemon or lime and put it in.

I hate water because it just tasts so blahhhh... I buy those packets of lemonaed... sugar free.. that you add to a bottle of water... makes the Blahhh taste go away!!

You can add some lemon juice in your bottle, i also like the sweeteners from Canderel (if that brand is available outside France), i find that keeping a small bottle by my pencil case helps me remember to drink water at uni, and when i'm at home i pick a 1.5L bottle and put it next to my computer's screen, or next to my bed, somewhere so obvious you can't miss it.

Yea my brother also finds water so tasteless that he has to put lime/lemon juice in it or he won't drink it. I just have to be in the mood to drink water and just like you, I could drink so much more water than I already do. It's kind of bad actually because I don't really drink anything all day, maybe a glass of milk in the morning and then I'll have a glass of water or juice with supper.

I feel you. My skin would probably look amazing if I stayed away from the sugary drinks.

When I first started drinking more water I just had to force myself. Now that I'm used it to it's easy. I think it's just a matter of getting into the habit.

Actually one thing that has been working for me (along the lines of what you've been suggesting) is drinking G2 which is a low calorie version of the sports drink Gatorade and so it's really hydrating and better tasting than water.

I can only drink alot of water if its room temp. It doesnt seem to get very filling or boring to me that way. Weird I know . . .

I drink flavored water. I love Vitamin Water (especially the lemonaid flavor!) but I usually get the little packages and add them to my water because it's less expensive. Sometimes, I'll just add some squeezed lemon juice and that's nice, too.

Nope, no other tricks... im gonna assume that you know about cleansing, toning, moisturising, exfoliating and removing your makeup before you go to bed.

If you dont find yourself naturally wanting water then your just gonna have to force it, make it a routine. If i were you i would get a 1.25 litre bottle to start off with, drink half of it in the morning, have a glass of water at lunch time and drink the other half at night time. If you just try and make yourself drink more glasses of water a day you'll find yourself running to the bathroom constantly and it can be discouraging. Keep in mind, drinking lots of water means your body doesnt need to retain as much, so you'll be thinner. Drinking water also keeps the rest of your body healthy and working, which of course includes your metabolism.

I love love LOVE my diet caffeinated drinks as well, but when i found out what i mentioned above i cut back a fair bit, now i try and match any soft drinks with water like the person mentioned above. I am currently in the process of losing weight and ive noticed that if i go through a few days where i do not drink water, even if i am eating reduced amounts and exercising a lot, i do not lose weight. As soon as i start drinking lots of water, i lose it quite quickly.

Hehe i know you were looking for tips for your skin, but i thought i would mention the above as nobody has yet
smile.gif

Good luck!

my main problem with drinking water isn't the taste, it's that I need to pee every half hour if I drink a lot, so then I feel like it's not sinking in or doing any good to my body or skin! anyone else have this issue? and what's your solution?

lol, just to hijack the thread a little, sorry! but I also have issues drinking water!

I'm with ya! I only drink water if I have to. And even then I add flavoring to it! Lemon, Crystal Light, or even the Special K Protein water.

Rosie, that happened to me when I first started drinking a lot of water, but after a month I got used to it so didn't need to go to the toilet so much. At first it was so bad that when I was at work I'd go to the loo, and by the time I got back to my desk I'd need to go again.

Now I only go every few hours. So if you just stick with it for a while, it gets better.

Bryan and I rented Kentwood Water and we have 20 gallons to finish a month. It is really delicious.

i drink a lotta coffee too so i try to stay hydrated by drinking water every chance i get. but just like other girls, i dont like the taste of plain water especially in room temperature so most of the time i put a slice of lemon there and some time w/ ice too.

more than coffee, personally i think alcohol dehydrates ur skin. i used to be big on wine as well but i have stayed away from alcohol altogether for my skin sake for a while and the result is fabulous so far
smile.gif
i used to get pimples and my face would turn yellowish after a night out that involved drinking, but once i go alcohol-free, i dont get that anymore.

for me, i have medications to take in the morning and at night, so i drink a big ol' glass of water with each. during the day in school, i keep a water bottle with me, always. it becomes so much of a habit once you get into it.

Latest posts

Back