No buy, Reorganize instead

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sometimes it's a good idea to inventory what we have so that we don't keep buying the same items, colors or products over and over. It's easy to build a well of frustration when you have a bundle of things you never use.

Try giving some away. Barring things like mascara, eyeliner, lip glosses and lipsticks, if the products are fairly new and just not right for you consider giving them to a friend. You may not have liked the product but it may be right for them. They might not consider spending the same kind of money we do on makeup so it might be a real treat for them!

Throw stuff away. It's painful when it's barely been used but if you haven't used it in the past year IT IS garbage. Make room for new stuff . . . when the time comes.

Simplify. Again this goes together with throwing away or putting away the things you don't use regularly. Being aware of what your true patterns are is a good way to avoid unnecessary future splurges. Knowing what you use will allow you to replace what you need in a thoughtful manner.

Getting new stuff is one of the best things about being a beauty insider - a little goes such a long way! But it's sad when you have to cut yourself off at the hand. Just feeling more responsible about your currently owner collection of makeup is a good way to start the new year . . . because we all know what you'll be spending your Xmas gift cards on.

(BTW - it's not RUDE to hint that getting out of this beauty rut is what you'd like for Christmas!)

im not on a no buy (why would i subject myself to such torture!)....lol, but ive found myself buying things that i've wanted for several months rather than just grabbing everything i see and putting it into my shopping basket.

but when i saw the title of this thread, i thought that this is so true. whenever i reorganize/rearrange my makeup i find stuff that i forgot how much i liked.

I'm not on a no buy either, but have been thinking about reorganising my stash. It's always fun to rediscover things I'd forgotten, and get rid of things I don't like anymore.

Latest posts

Back