High quality brushes? or not?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A while ago I stumbled across this website:

Crown Brush

The brushes look nice and the prices are amazing, but the descriptions are pretty skimpy if any at all. Has anyone purchased from crown brushes before? If so, how is the quality? What type of hair is mostly used?

I'm very interested in this company, but I don't want to be the first to buy from there until I've seen some reviews. It seems a lot of mineral makeup companies have the same if not similar brushes which makes me think they buy from this manufacturer.

I'm really tempted to buy from here though. Its the bargain hunter in me.
cowboy.gif

They're really good for the price. If you've tried Coastal Scents' brushes, they're basically the same thing.

Have you actually purchased from this site before? If so, how is their customer service, how quick do they ship, details like that. If not, thanks anyway ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

if you can afford it, go for the high end like MAC, Bobbi Brown or Shu Uemura

the bristles are denser and softer

someone explained that the highend brushes use the first cut of animal hair, that's why it is expensive and soft

Another thing about lesser expensive brushes is that the bristles are not as well secured to the handle as the expesive brushes. So they tend to pull out and/or break a lot more leaving bristles all over your face and shirt after using.

Brush cleaning tip:

Use your favorite mild liquid facial cleanser or shampoo and water, gently wipe the bristles back and forth in the palm of your hand or over a paper towel to form a lather. Do not 'scrub' the bristles back and forth as this will cause the bristles to fray, break off and loose their shape very quickly. Rinse thoroughly (it's clean when water runs completely clear) and reshape the damp bristles into their original shape. Lay flat to dry, not upright (this helps keep water from settling inside the brush and loosening the glue).

HTH,

CC

I heard that they're pretty good. Also, if you want to try some less expensive brushes try the Essence of Beauty brushes at CVS. These are really good quality for the price. None of them have shed on me. I agree with the above posters though. If you can afford it, maybe buy a few high end brushes because they will last you a long time and are great quality. I use to only have the drugstore ones, but then I upgraded and now have bobbi brown and mac brushes, and they are excellent. It's such a big difference, and I take care of them like babies.
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by CaptainBonney /img/forum/go_quote.gif Have you actually purchased from this site before? If so, how is their customer service, how quick do they ship, details like that. If not, thanks anyway ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Yes, I have purchased brushes from them. They ship pretty quickly, but their payment method is a little odd. You place your order, and then they call you and get your payment information. I was a little skeptical at first, but I finally decided to try it (with a Visa gift card) and got my items with no problems.

Which brushes did you order and how were they? I'm still debating on whether or not I want to order from them. I wanted to get a few brushes for myself and perhaps get a small kit for a friend for Christmas.

Latest posts

Back