MAC price increase in 2009

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
mods: i don't know if i'm allowed to post another forum's thread on here? i tried looking at the rules and regulation page but i couldnt find anything. if i'm not allowed to feel free to delete this thread

i found out from specktra that there's going to be another price increase in 2009 and i wanted to inform you ladies :/

"My assistant manager just informed me that MAC products nationwide will be having price increases on January 1st, 2009. Increases will range from .50 to 1.50. I'm not sure if they are just going to update the products not increased last time (like lipglass and lipstick) or if it is everything. I'll tell you guys when I find out, but this sucks. "

"they're just gonna increase what didn't increase the last time-lipsticks, glosses, brushes, skincare (some went up in july, some didn't), etc. they're not gonna increase stuff that did already, like shadows, foundations, and blushes."

This just in: Price increase 2009 - Specktra.Net

booooooo

Like it isn't expensive enough.
frown.gif

Like we need this, with the economy the way it is right now.

Boo!!! It's too damn high as it is right now and they want to increase prices!!!

Dang! I can barely convince my husband to let my buy it now. If it goes up more I definitely won't be buying it any more. These companies act like everyone is made of money!

If they increase in the states.. I could only imagine what the price increase will be for our MAC ... urgh
frown.gif

That's stupid. They really expect people to want to pay even more when no one can afford anything right now? Everyone else is dropping prices and they raise them? dumb..I don't even buy anything from them as it is, now I definitely won't.

also that our economy is going down i guess =(

i read on that forum that it only takes mac about 4 dollars to make a lipglass. look at all the profit they're making!!

yeah like i can even afford it all already. my next MAC purchase will be from Hannukah money and that's it.

smart business move on their part. it's all supply and demand. but hardly anyone can afford it nowadays. hell i live in one of the richest areas in New York (Westchester County) and on Black Friday, the Westchester Mall was bleak. absolutely bleak.
frown.gif

i did notice that Estee Lauder stock is doing quite well right now...looks like mu and Walmart survives!!!!!!

As if it isn't expensive enough. I have a hard enough time convincing myself to spend money on anything as it is.

MAC knows what they are doing especially when they have that Hello Kitty collection coming out, they know that is going to be a huge seller regardless of prices.

Wonderful thats going to be more MAC I can't affored.

Gah that pissed me off. I guess it's going to be all CCO shopping and getting new things months after they come out. *sigh*
frown.gif

Originally Posted by -Chelsey- /img/forum/go_quote.gif That's stupid. They really expect people to want to pay even more when no one can afford anything right now? Everyone else is dropping prices and they raise them? dumb..I don't even buy anything from them as it is, now I definitely won't. OMG!!! Ditto, ditto, ditto!!! It makes me mad that the economy is in the pot and the powers-that-be at MAC still find it in themselves to increase prices. I mean, as if not having sales EVER wasn't bad enough (the back-to-MAC program is nice and all but c'mon!). Way to thank the customers MAC. I think we should all email them! I'm down!

Back