Vintage is everywhere !

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Near my uni is a store called Monoprix and the way the store is organised you have to cross the makeup&clothes section to enter the supermarket/groceries part.

Of course i always check out the makeup they have, and i found this :

Bourjois has a vintage collection !

The brand's famous (at least in my country
smile.gif
) round pots were created in 1863 and those pics are old ads from Bourjois
smile.gif
, the collection consists in 3 blushes and 5 eyeshadows.

vintage_big3.gif

The pink round thingies are the blushes, all of them pink (called Rose d’or, Lilas d’or, Rose frisson), the other colors are (in french) : noir précieux(black), blanc diaphane(white), beige rosé(beige), marron glacé (brown) & gris délicat (grey).

Sorry i couldn't find a pic of swatches.

The brand has launched a limited edition set only sold in one store in Paris, and the items are also sold separately everywhere else.

Honestly i find the packaging very cute, but the only thing that's vintage is the picture, so that's a bit disappointing. But i'm such a sucker for old ads i think i'll go check them out especially the blushes, i'm tired of mine
tongue.gif

Those are too cute! I would definitely buy them just for the packaging. There are some makeup lines sold at Target that also have that vintage look to their packaging.

Super cute! I would've bought at least one just because of cute packaging. How evil that you have to walk through cosmetics to get to the grocery store.

Originally Posted by LovinMakeup /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yeah- they definitely thought the layout of the store out huh? lol, it used to be bigger, but with Monoprix it's not unusual, sometimes they put all the skincare/makeup and clothes stuff on the first floor, and you have to go downstairs for the groceries. In fact i must admit i also go there because i know i'll be able to play with makeup a bit.

Have seen these in the Bourjois counter. They are pretty tins, nice flowery type design. They are a bit small though.

I confirm, the blushes are slightly bigger than the eyeshadows, blah !

I bought one
smile.gif
i took the one called Ashes of wallflower (34 Rose d'or). This one must be popular, it was the last
smile.gif
It comes with a little round brush i'll put aside, it doesn't look very useful.

It's avery pretty pink, as much i love my Lily Lolo's blush, if i put too much it turns pinky peachy on me, and i hate that.

Back