My Take on L'Oreal Double Extend Mascara

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well... I heard the hype here and wanted to try it for a long time.

I gotta say, I'm not impressed AT ALL!

Ugh. I'm annoyed. LOL.

This basically reminds me of Maybelline's XXL mascara, which I was a fan of before I found about L'Oreal's mascaras and what a bigger difference they gave my puny lashes. It promises on 80% lengthening, well - I never pay attention to the gimmicks ads put out so I wasn't expecting any miracles but this pissed me off. Especially since I love mascara and get really good results with most that I pick out...

The good thing, it does lengthen very well. I gotta say, the fiber stuff is good alone and I would only use this mascara just for that.

The bad, this doesn't give any sort of volume to my lashes at all (derr, Celly... it's a lengthening mascara). Yeah, but... my other lengthening mascaras also gave some form of volume. I saw myself in the mirrow and couldn't tell I had any lashes because of the lengthening effect - it made my lashes thinner, twig-like looking. No me gusta, caca!

I have a photo swatch on my blog for comparison so you guys can see the difference in length.

But I would never, ever buy it again.

That is all. Haha.

How many layers of white en black did you use?

It sucks that you dont like it...I recommend it to everyone because its my HG...so it sucks for you

Thanks for the review Celly! I just bought Maybelline's Stiletto mascara, and I'd say it's not a bad mascara.. but nothing great. Still love Loreal HIP.

I am not a fan either. I use it without primer when I do a neutral look. With primer it ends up looking all kinds of crap. I was thinking of using the primer with another mascara.

Thanks for the review Celly! I looked at the pictures on your blog and now I know I won't be trying it out. I like a mascara that gives lots of volume.

Originally Posted by moccah /img/forum/go_quote.gif How many layers of white en black did you use?
It sucks that you dont like it...I recommend it to everyone because its my HG...so it sucks for you

I used enough layers of white to increase length (which it did) and enough black to cover all that white goop.
Either way - not impressed, wouldn't recommend. I'mma try it with my HIP mascara and see if there is any difference.

i found i had similar problems... for me it made my lashes so long that i felt like they were getting all tangly and the looked very spidery but not like they had climped together just llike i only had 1 or 2 lashes

I love the new beauty tubes and i guess you can always add a coat of volumizing mascara over the L'oreal...

I think it looks good. It doesn't look like some others I've seen, where it looks like if you blew on your lashes they would just break off.

i've got thick lashes, but they're blonde so they disappear without mascara. i'm still loving this one, it adds extra length like WOW! sorry it wasnt for you
frown.gif

Sorry it didn't work out for you.

I've recently reverted back to store brands because of all the raves here, but I haven't found anything better then my MAC X. Some give great volume, but flake throughout the day. Other store brand mascaras clump for me, yuck! I want volume and length. My MAC doesn't give enough length, but it does give me beautiful volume without clumping.

I'm still looking for the perfect mascara
smile.gif

The MAC one is okay - I like the short wand.

I tried this mascara for the past weekend to see if my mind will change and I still hate it. I never hated a mascara so much, haha.

I've avoided this for the same reason, I heard that it wasn't the best and I think tubing mascaras are really only good for length and not much else.

Thanks for your review - I've been wondering about this mascara since I first saw the ads for it. I've tried tube-formula mascaras in the past and didn't like them at all. No volume whatsoever, just color. Even worse, if the mascara gets wet it doesn't just run a little bit which can be easily wiped away, the entire tube slips off the lash leaving what looks like a spider leg on your face!

CC

well i used to be a L'Oreal Mascara fan , but the new Blinc mascara i am using currently is also very effective. it gives a generous volume to my otherwise thin eyelashes..

Wait, are you talking about the Beauty Tubes version or the regular Double Extend? Double Extend was HORRIBLE, it did nothing, but Beauty Tubes gives me long beautiful almost faux looking lashes. I freaking love that mascara, but hated it's original counterpart.

I'm actually loving the NYX doll eyes volumizing one....I bought the new stilleto, and the voluminous, and so far, I still prefer the NYX. I'ma have to order some more.

Back