What is WRONG with people?!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
ok so i've been really sick for the past month or so. i've been getting blinding migraines chronically and fatigued and a bunch of other stuff. so for the past 3 weeks i've been out of school. it's a small high school and it's definitely going to be noticed that i'm out for so long. however, a lot of other students think that i've been faking sick to miss out on tests and projects, and to stay home and play World of Warcraft all day. i am SO angry and really disappointed and crushed. i've really been really sick and have been going through such a rough time and to know that most of my peers think that lowly of me is so heartbreaking. like what is WRONG with them? yeah, i've been home and yeah i've been playing WoW a lot, but when you're sick and can't do much of anything, what the hell am i GONNA do? yeah right like i want to miss 3 weeks of school in a row to come back and have to make up all that work. i'm not getting out of ANYTHING. i'm just so upset.

aww, chicken, I don't think it's that they think lowly of you, I think it's just that it would be what they'd do, given the chance! they're just jealous (although they have no reason to be!) and it makes them feel better to judge you.

I hope you get better soon! all you can do is ask your teacher on your return how to make up for the things you missed, and let anyone who approaches you about missing school that you've already asked how you're going to make up those exams

Good luck!

I hope you feel better soon!!! Rosie's right about the other people and to talk to your teachers. Good luck!!!

Last year I had mono, and I felt the same way at the time. I felt like my classmates didn't believe I really was sick, so I did the stupid thing and kept going to school and staying up late studying. I ended up being really sick for months instead of weeks and by the time exams were done I suffered a total mental break down and was diagnosed as clinically depressed. If your sick, just let yourself get better and don't worry about what people think. If they want to judge, that's their problem and it just makes them look bad. Take it from some one who has been through this, worry more about getting better and not what other people are thinking about you.

Theres one thing I notice most in high school more than any where else. Everyone is judging everyone. A lot of people at that age... they are insecure and immature and always voicing their high and mighty opinion to make themselves feel better. Honestly it doesn't matter and I think they would prefer to have been home playing games all day too.

I never let what any body thinks ever affect me. Ultimately it has no impact on your life or who you are.

I wasnt sick but I had my own problems and I dropped out of school for 2 years now. Im going back in a couple months and Im really not looking forward to it just because of all that drama/critiscism/judgement/immaturity. Thats just high school for you though and some people love it. I just stay far away from it and what does it matter what people think, your true friends will always be there for you.

I miss your FOTDs! LOL
smile.gif
Hope you are getting better. Make sure you are completly better before going back, obviously. Dont stress about 3 weeks lol! Ive missed 2 years. I know its not ideal but even if you ended up missing a whole semester I promise its not that bad. You wouldn't be THAT behind. And I always found that when I missed a whole month or two of classes it ends up being easier to just start over fresh. It can be really hard to catch up especially if you miss some really important parts or big tests. Ok I admit my transcript/student record looks kind of ugly by now. All Im saying is if you really ended up falling so behind and needing to drop the classes and start over next semester... it wouldn't look that bad because its really not and it could be a lot worse
tongue.gif

Hope you feel better soon. I went to a really small high school too, so I can relate when it comes to everyone knowing about and being in everyone else's business
frown.gif
. I don't see why anyone would think you'd miss weeks of school intentionally though since you'd have all that work to come back to when you return anyways. Easier said than done, but try not to let it get to you. As soon as someone else does something worth talking about they'll move on to that and let you be
smile.gif

Don't let them bother you maddy. Your real friends know whats up. The rest are not worth the trouble of thinking about. You just get better before xmas and the heck with them!!!!

Aww Sorry to hear that Maddy... Some people are just idiots and there's nothing you can do about them... Joan's right about your real friends.... Hope your feel better soon...

Latest posts

Back