Storing MMU in Bathroom a No-No?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Is it true that storing MMU in the bathroom is a no-no especially if you want to have them for a really long time? I've read of course that MMU doesn't expire except if you introduce moisture and humidity. Since bathrooms are not really a cool and dry place especially because of regular exposure to hot steam, I think it's probably wise not to store MMU in the bathroom if you want to prolong the shelf life. I store them in my hardwood dresser in the bedroom.

I store my MMU in my bedroom as well.
smile.gif

Some MMU contains ingredients like cornstarch, for example, and they probably wouldn't store well in the bathroom. As for the MMU which only contains ingredients like titanium dioxide and mica and such, I don't know, but I figure it's better to be safe than sorry.

I think this is one of those things where in an ideal situation, MMU would be stored outside of the bathroom. However, things are rarely ideal and I don't think that most MMU is harmed by being in the bathroom. I've stored mine there for years with no problems.

It's another one of those things that we should do but don't, and we aren't really any worse off for it.

I store my backups in the closet in my bedroom.

However, I've never had any problems with my daily stash that I put in plastic boxes under my sink. I think as long as it is not out in the open and exposed to steam/humidity you are ok.

Mine is stored in my bathroom but in a drawer, and I havent noticed any difference with it.

I guess it would be a precaution but not a requirement. I hardly ever do my makeup in the bathroom so that's my main reason for not doing so. If I did I'm sure I would as well

I have so many jars.. that I have to make a good place for them.

so I have a big chest with drawers and this is a good place.

the ches is in the living room.

I have all my makeup in the bathroom, because there's the only mirror with light in our house.

But if you have a whole collection and many jars, then it's probably wise to store them somewhere else, because you don't use them up as quickly.

Originally Posted by Asha* /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have all my makeup in the bathroom, because there's the only mirror with light in our house. But if you have a whole collection and many jars, then it's probably wise to store them somewhere else, because you don't use them up as quickly.

I store all my mmu in the bedroom. My collection of MMu is huge, and i dont wanna take any risk about it.

I store my makeup in the bathroom without a problem , When I do open makeup especally containters I just check the pack of the product and look for the picture of the open jar with the number and that's how i keep track of product freshness

I store my MMU in the drawer of the bathroom and my extra's in the closet in the bathroom. I haven't had any problems at all. I think the only time you need to be cautious is if your mixing water or liquids with it.

Latest posts

Back