How Often Do You Wash Your Hair?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I found this article about Jessica Simpson that says...

Quote:
She only washes her hair about two to three times a month. I told Jess a long time ago that you should only wash your hair a few times a week, and in between, rinse it and condition it. And her hair looks fantastic all the time http://music.msn.com/music/hotgossip/12-04-08_3/And that's a quote from her dad, my dad wouldn't know what size shoe I was let alone how often I wash my hair! Lol, but that's off topic.

So I was wondering how often do you guys wash your hair? Do you wash it everyday or only a couple of times a month?

I wash my hair every other day. I should leave it a bit longer really because I have greasy hair but I can't not wash my hair when it's greasy so I go around in circles.

I wash my hair every day during the week. But sometimes on the weekends if I don't have anywhere to be I'll leave it. It's hard for me to though because I have greasy hair and I feel nasty not washing it ya know?

I usually wash mine every few days, unless its been a realy hot sticky day.

Usually every other day, sometimes I'll go an extra day though. My hair doesn't really get greasy and I don't use much product.

usually I'll wash it if it looks like it's starting to get greasy. So, maybe every 2 days? so wash it, leave it 2 days on on the 2nd evening wash

Every other day. I skip on off days and weekends and just wash it before I go back to work/out in public. My hair looks good the first day I wash and blow dry it (clean, flat-ironed, and a little textured) and on the second day when it's just a tiny bit oily (more volume, piecer, a little bit funkier). If I go a third day, it's just one big hot mess!

I've heard a lot of people say you shouldn't shampoo too often...just condition and rinse. Maybe I should try that for a week or so and see how it works for me.

I wash my hair everyday. I end up with dull looking hair if I don't. I didn't one day when I was a camp last weekend, luckily for me I was wearing a helmet most the the time and swimming the rest. I looked terrible at dinner though because I hadn't washed my hair!

i used to do it once a week, but than i realized it starts to look gross after few days, now i wash my hair every oher day

Originally Posted by Faith-Abigail /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've heard a lot of people say you shouldn't shampoo too often...just condition and rinse. Maybe I should try that for a week or so and see how it works for me.

Funny you shoud mention, other night at 3am when i couldn't sleep. An infomercial was on about a hair product like that. I watched it straight for an hr and half but do you think i can rememeber the name of it now....San-something or other.. looks pretty good.

I googled, i was way of.. Chazdeanwen is the name of it

I have to wash mine everyday if I'm going somewhere, it's the only thing that wakes me up. It's not even the fact that it looks greasy, it just feels greasy to me and the only thing that'll wake me up in the morning.

everyday or every other day.

i wash my hair first thing in the morning when i have somewhere to go. i hate how it gets dried/funny on the end after sleeping on a pillow.

When I was little, I used to get by with washing 2-3x a wk. Now I have to wash it every single day because my hair gets so oily. 2-3x a month is gross :/

nearly every day, if im wearing it wavy it needs to be washed so the waves stay in and look nice!

I have to wash mine every other day. Otherwise it gets really nasty. On the day that I don't wash my hair I always have it in an updo just to conceal any parts that look oily. But that's the max. I can't go any further.

I usually wash my hair everyday unless I am sick. Actually I might go every other day after I color it for a week or so but I am a grease ball and there is no masking it!

Latest posts

Back