Up Do

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to do a nice quick and easy up-do besides a bun, or pony tail? I am not talking bridesmaid fancy, just something pretty that would look nice on a date or night out. Maby a messy bun or something like that. I have tried to do it and I just can't seem to get it. Any tips or ideas?

How longs is your hair? is it curly or stright? How thick is it? Once you tells s this we can have a better idea what would be easier for you to do.

My hair is just past shoulder length. It is medium textured. I have a lot of natural curl but have no problem straightening it either. (with the right products of course) I do it all the time. I have some choppy layers at the bottom but nothing real short. Sorry for not being more specific. Thanks for the help.

You should look into getting some festive hair clips, ponies, ect. I have one and it it a butterfly that when I just pull my hair up in a twist I use it, it has a stick thing that goes right through, and for the pieces left of of the twist I just add s ome bead head manipulator to the ends to make is spikie looking. Or if you want to wear it curly you could use spray gel and defuss the crap out of it and use some butterfly clips(the ones for thick hair) and just pull sections up and clip, I do this one also but I have very curly hair and no need to defuss. You could also just wear it down and straight, or just have up, that always looks sleek. Hope i helped if not hope I didn't confuse you to much
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by SmartStyle437 You should look into getting some festive hair clips, ponies, ect. I have one and it it a butterfly that when I just pull my hair up in a twist I use it, it has a stick thing that goes right through, and for the pieces left of of the twist I just add s ome bead head manipulator to the ends to make is spikie looking. Or if you want to wear it curly you could use spray gel and defuss the crap out of it and use some butterfly clips(the ones for thick hair) and just pull sections up and clip, I do this one also but I have very curly hair and no need to defuss. You could also just wear it down and straight, or just have up, that always looks sleek. Hope i helped if not hope I didn't confuse you to much
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I like to pull the sides up and where they meet on top, I roll the hair into a loose bun that I secure with a chop stick-like hair implement (aka half bun). They have tons of pretty hair accessories and hair sticks to choose from. Then I let as much of the back part of my hair fall as I want to. Add some cute earrings and you've got nonchalant style!
Check out all the beautiful and fun hair sticks they have:

half bun

hair knot

Thanks so much!! That is such a great idea. That helps a ton!! I am going to give some of those a try. Too cute!!!

Let us know how it turns out! I love up-do's with hoops or chandelier earrings. It looks striking and stylish!

chandelierearrings.jpg
Chandelier earrings at JcPenny

Originally Posted by Calypso412 Question: With the hair stick stuff, do you just put them thru the bun or do you put the hair up using them, like, are they holding the hair up. Aso, how do u make a half bun? You weave the stick/s through the bun like a needle to secure the bun. It stays in if you do a good job and it's not hard to do! With a half bun, you gather the hair from the sides and top only (leaving as much of the back part of your hair as you'd like). You can twist the hair and then roll it into a bun or you can leave the hair in a loose bun for a more casual look. Then you make sure the bun is placed where you want it to be and secure with the stick like you are weaving or sewing. Hair stays secure when you weave a bit of the hair that is underneath the bun with the stick. Here's a site with some other tips for you: http://www.ehow.com/how_17120_hair-sticks.html

Latest posts

Back