It's snowing in Washington

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Marysville, Wa-

30 miles north of Seattle and in the conversion zone.

It is freaking snowing and the Seattle and surrounding metro areas are supposed to reach low temps we haven't seen since the '50's. It's snowing right now in M-town and I am not happy.

I was just in Cancun last week!! Waahhh!!! I come back to THIS???

Lucky you! I am farther south, and so far no snow. If it's going to be this cold the least it could do is snow too lol.

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif Lucky you! I am farther south, and so far no snow. If it's going to be this cold the least it could do is snow too lol. Well, it hasn't been sticking- YET! It's been snowing off and on since yesterday but it's been above freezing until tonight.The temp has dropped to 28 and is going to drop farther for a few days so it may stick later on.

We finally have some ac***ulations here. About an inch and a half. The kids are outside sledding and throwing snowballls as I type.
biggrin.gif

Lucky you! It doesn't even snow in my area in winter... I have to go up the mountain for snow!

im in oly, and i dont know.

i grew up in the midwest, so the "cold" weather here right now is pretty normal to me.

but i'd much rather be here in 30-some degree weather than starting this saturday for the next 2 weeks to be in a state (sd) where the high the past few days has been -5 below zero.

Have you gotten more snow? I woke to more snow and school closures. My youngest is going to be disappointed that he won't be having a class Christmas party today.

If it gets itchy I will sometimes wear a shirt underneath as an itch barrier.
biggrin.gif

Here's a shot of the playground behind our apartment at around 11 this morning. It's still snowing. It's very powdery, and has been awesome for sledding.

IMG_5190.jpg

Originally Posted by Karren /img/forum/go_quote.gif Guess Al Gore was all wrong on that global warming thingy? Lol Everybody keeps saying that! Global warming means the summers are getting hotter and the winters are getting colder!

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif Have you gotten more snow? I woke to more snow and school closures. My youngest is going to be disappointed that he won't be having a class Christmas party today. Girl, yes.I don't know WHY but the streets don't look like they have been cleared at all! My bf stayed home the last 2 days because he works up in Mt. Vernon and it is just treacherous the farther north you go.

So he took me around to the stores I service here in town because I refuse to drive in this crap and the main streets here are just solid with compact ice.

Our power has been blinking off and on; the Directv is flipping out for cripes sake! If I'm gonna be stuck in the house, at least the satellite needs to work! It goes all pixelated and wipes out and then comes back.

I have a belly dance performance scheduled for this weekend and this whole week was supposed the rehearsals and then dres rehearsal and it all got wiped out. And it was critical because the last of the choreography was just completed last week, lol!

Anyway, this is my front yard as of 3 hours ago- a little more than a foot (I am not sure what the big snow ball next to the carport is about. When we got home today, it was just sitting there so I don't know if my son was starting a snowman, if he made a snowman and took it apart, if it is some impressionistic artistic statement or what)-

snow.jpg

Bleh, I'm in Kirkland here and it snowed all morning. I'm not seeing much improvements on the roads either so it looks like I'll be working from home again tomorrow. I miss being in the midwest where you could count on the roads being clear the next day and things didn't thaw and refreeze. It was too warm yesterday so everything melted and refroze late evening then got covered with snow. I drove for years without incident in the Midwest (MN, MI, IN) but we got into an accident here last year (t-boned by an SUV on the freeway! Scary!) and my husband's brother got into one in Eugene last week (and he drives a Subaru). The NW storms are brutal.

Would love to have just a couple inches of snow right now... All we ever get for Christmas is a cold rain!

Of course being orignally from New Jersey, I've had my share of slippery roads and crazy drivers. So I'll just count my blessings this holiday season!

Merry Christmas to all! Stay warm and be safe, where ever you are!!

Back