Were you initially attracted to your significant other?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know if there was one thing only... can i say the whole package?

3 main things stick out though, he dresses well, big smile and was very charming

I have a feeling there is a thread on this already. I'll do a search for it when I get home.

In the meantime...

In the past I have always been attracted to my SOs immediately, but attraction for me is not only based on physical appearance. Sense of humour, how smart they are, how well they can connect with me (in terms of things we have in common etc) are all major factors for me - a sexy persona is not based solely on physical appearance for me
smile.gif

Yeah I was pretty instantly infatuated with him. At the time I was into the tan, dark haired, "cut" kind of guys and he fit the description to a T. He's italian so he's got jet black hair and a deep olivey complexion. And I saw him with his shirt off for the first time and he has that "v" cut...and I about died, lol. He also dressed really well, and at the time was very different from what other people around here tended to wear. I'd say what honestly had to attract me to him the most is his overall "glow". He's kinda one of those people everyone in the room gravitates towards. He's very charming and witty and quick on his feet. He's also a show off, haha. He can do weird flips and stuff that always has people oooohing and aaaahing.

mejer.jpg

Awww!! *proud* haha

wahwahwowza kaylin...lol

aww now i seem all shallow... I will admit though, physical deffinately hits me first but if there isn't any personality behind the looks i tend to lose interest.

i think it was just my kitty ears that made him start talking to me,all he did was talk alot about everything. we both listened to disgusting music(example: Baby Killer by Devourment), skateboarded to school,and obviously enjoy piercings,and dyes the sh** out each others hair. lots of simmilarities,but the one thing that totally gets up my nose about him is that he travels back and forth from england to america.i remember i was like that too traveling back and forth from england to italy,but its annoying because i want to spend every waking second with him and only him,because i think i truly love my baby Matt.

haha Karren, that is such a blokey response!

I have always been instantly attracted, based both on looks and personality. Personality and sense of humour are big factors for me.

I remember this being asked before somewhere, but since I'm bored I'll reply! lol, I have to admit that I'm a bit shallow...hence why I'm still single. It seems most of the guys I dated never wanted to commit to long term since they were such playboys, and can basically get any girl they want with their looks. I learned to steer clear of that now and take my time getting to know a person before jumping their bones! Personality is definitely a big factor. If you don't have a sense of humor than we can't be with each other because I can get very sarcastic at times.

I'm currently dating this guy who has a great sense of humor. We basically poke fun of each other (yea I have a weird way of showing my affection) On our 1st date we spoke for four hours straight! I've never talked that much before on a 1st date and if you saw us talking, you'd think we're longtime friends. He's definitely charming and made me smile the whole time. We got along really well due to the fact we have similar goals in life, attend the same school coincidentally, we've had a rebellious teenage life going on, piercings, (we sorta bonded in a way) lol, my only problem is he sorta resembles Vin Diesel...and unfortunately I'm not a Vin Diesel fan (sorry for the girls who does have a thing for Vin) I guess buff guys never does it for me...lol *shrugs* I'm all about the business looking professional guys with the sleek haircuts. Haha, so we'll see how this goes...I suppose I can grow to like the guy despite not being attracted to the whole package. I'm sure he's a looker for the girls (beauty is in the eye of the beholder) but just not the type I'd generally go for. However, a great personality and friendship is a good start into developing a relationship no?

Ange, for sure!

it sounds like you have a great basis for a relationship. The things you have with him are far harder to find than attractiveness alone is
smile.gif

Oh was I ever!!! It was like something out of the movies...I was frozen, I couldn't keep my eyes off of him, I couldn't speak a complete sentence. Luckily, he felt the same way.

Actually, yes...before we met in person we talked on the phone for about an hour and a half. We went out to dinner, and when we to my place she spent the night. We've been together for about 34 years...

Now that I think about it I've never been significantly attracted to a guy I've dated when we initially met, well there are exceptions but those guys always turned out to be jerks. Alot of the guys I dated were guys that others deemed hot but I only like them after I knew what they were about. I always started to like the guy and feel a strong attraction when I got to know his personality and how he treated me.

With my husband, it was the same way. Everyone thought he was cute and whatever but when I met him when we started to work together, I didn't see the big deal. It wasn't until we started hanging out as friends that I realized that he was a pretty cool guy to be with. We've been together for five years now. As a matter of fact, the 14th of this month was the 5 year mark of when we first met.

yes! lol

well actually when he first sat next to me in the library i didn't really clock him because i didn't see his face properly. but when i bumped into him again in his bar, afterwards i just couldn't stop thinking about his big green eyes. i thought he was gorgeous and two months in i find him even more so!!!

Yes, I was attracted to him like no other, and he still gives me butterflies.

I have to agree with Adrienne.

When I first met my bf I was dating one of his really good friends so of course I didn't look at him in that way and for some reason we really didn't get a long with each other when I was with his friend lol. Once his friend broke up with me though we started running into each other at parties and started talking and hanging out and then realized that we had a lot in common. I don't think I was really attracted to him until I got to know his personality and then the attraction came. We were really good friends for about 2 years before we started dating and now we've been together for 3 1/2.
smile.gif
I'm all about personality though, looks don't last forever so he better have a personality to back it up lol.

Yess I actually added him on myspace because I thought he was good looking haha. Then we spoke for weeks on msn and decided to meet and he was even better in real life!

Back