Advice on eyeliner for the waterline

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
There are many threads on eyeliners, and recently there was even one for the waterline, but I still haven't found a solution to my problem. You see, what concerns me is NOT the staying power of the eyeliner. I want an eyeliner that won't gather to the corners of my eyes in just two hours time.

My eyes are almond-shaped, and the eyeliner always gathers to the corners after an hour, unless I'm using the Urban Decay one which stays put for two hours. (Not a great difference...) The problem is, it's not just re-applying... it's cleaning the messy area. I hate going around with q-tips, worrying about whether it has gone down to the corners and needs cleaning up.

I've tried Lancome kohls, UD 24/7, Maybelinne, L'Oreal, Estee Lauder and other cheap brands, and even MAC fluidline!! Nothing stays in its place! My eyes are not watery, I really can't understand what's happening. I love lining the waterline, it suits my eyes perfectly, and I'm always hesitating and worrying that I'm going to be a mess in just a couple of hours.

There must be an eyeliner for me out there. Has anyone else got such eyes? And if yes, did you ever find the solution? Any recs on powerful liners? I'm determined to try everything!

ETA: I just watched a video on UTube where EnKore suggests Styli Style eyeliners. Anyone tried them?

I wish I could help you!! My first thought was MAC Fluidlines because that's the only product that works for me!!

Actually I just realized you didn't mention if you had tried any of those mechanical waterproof pencils? I think the MAC one is Technakohl.

Wet and wild!!! I have the same problem as you! I have gone through so many liners and only wet and wild stays put...only I can't get it right now they are out of stock where I'm living so got to wait a while...

Deborah's kajal eyeliner can stay two hours on my waterline, it's not much but it's the only eyeliner i can use on it.

Thanks guys, I'll try the Wet n' Wild one.... if I can find it in a store that ships to Europe.
wink.gif

PS. I so wish the fluidline would work on me... I thought it'd be the answer to my prayers, but alas...no...

Originally Posted by kerasaki /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thanks guys, I'll try the Wet n' Wild one.... if I can find it in a store that ships to Europe.
wink.gif
you could always resort to ebay if you cant find any other place that ships to Greece
tongue.gif

There's actually a UK on-line store that ships internationally. I've already ordered it. So, I'll have two new ones to try: Wet n'Wild and StyliStyle. Let's hope I'll find the answer to my problem. *prays*

Originally Posted by kerasaki /img/forum/go_quote.gif There's actually a UK on-line store that ships internationally. I've already ordered it. So, I'll have two new ones to try: Wet n'Wild and StyliStyle. Let's hope I'll find the answer to my problem. *prays* ooh which one?

I really would like to hear the results. I would be surprised to hear if it is better than MAC because WnW is really low-end even for drug store standards.

L'oreal HIP creame liners work on me and I don't get that goop in the corner of my eyes until after I clean my eyes.. Ever thought of using a dry black eye shadow as a liner? I've done it a few times but it really dried my eyes out is the only problem...

do you set your waterline liner with eyeshadow in the same shade? because, when i do that, any liner works in my waterline and stays put for like 12 hours or so.

Originally Posted by breathless /img/forum/go_quote.gif do you set your waterline liner with eyeshadow in the same shade? because, when i do that, any liner works in my waterline and stays put for like 12 hours or so. i also do this and it definitely stays put and since im going over the eyeliner with eyeshadow, it gives me a chance to make it thicker or however i want it.

Oh yes, unfortunately I've tried setting the liner with Carbon by MAC and same thing happens. I've also tried lining only with the Carbon, and still... it's so very frustrating, but I'll keep trying. I'm currently waiting for my two new eyeliners, which I'm going to try with and without eyeshadow setting, and we'll see.

i have 2 creme eyeliners by revlon; line fantasy. they stay put for about 6 hours and then (even on the waterline) start to flake off. but they don't give that goopy stuff. only thing is, if your eyes water they'll sting like crazy with the revlon on. as long as you don't cry though its fine. and their only 12 bucks

Revlon is also a good idea, because I can find it here in stores. I'll try it too if the other two don't work. Thanks!

OK, I thought I should post about my experience with my new two liners. The Styli-Style one... meh. Not much of a colour pay-off, and it doesn't stay in its place longer than the UD 24/7.

The Wet n'Wild one does not have a great colour pay-off, and the colour doesn't stay for hours, BUT... it does NOT smudge and it doesn't travel places it needn't. It STAYS in the waterline. And this was what was most important! Like I said, I needed a liner I could trust. None of these cleaning of the inner tear duck and the outer corner anymore. I can always re-apply when I find the time, but I won't need to worry my eyes look messy.

THANKS for the advice everyone. It really is great for someone with my problem. Maybe someone else won't like it because there are other more intense liners, but I love it because it stays where it should.

Now, who knows... maybe one day I'll discover the perfect liner, that will stay in its place for hours without even losing its intensity. A girl can dream, right?
wink.gif

Same problem as you... UD's 24/7 always keeps it's intensity for me, but 3 hours after wearing it, I get goop in my cornea. Source of constant worry for me, as when has goop ever been attractive!?

Q Tips shouldn't be needed in a clutch bag.

:p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back