What do you use to remove eye makeup?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know this has probably been covered before. I searched several pages of this forum but didn't see any threads on eye makeup removal.

What do you currently use to remove your eye makeup?

Since I am older I am concerned about rubbing too much and pulling the skin around the eye area. The skin there is not as firm as it used to be! I need something that is, of course, gentle and effective.

Any suggestions?

I usually use a oil free eye makeup remover specially formulated for the area around the eyes, but currently am using an oil based one as I have some leftovers of it. I would recommend an oil based eye makeup remover if you don't want to tag too hard on your eye area as the oil in the remover helps to remove mu more easily compared to an oil free one. A down side is if you have milla or oil seeds around the eyes, using oil products on the eye area them might cause the situation to worsen.

Neutrogena's oil-free makeup remover works fantastic and removes anything and everything (except the new L'oreal tubing mascara) and is very gentle to me skin.. I love it!!

I only really wear mascara and abit of eye liner unless i've been out on the town, so I use fragrance free baby wipes from Boots, then wash my face as usual.

I did once use some professional make-up pads but they were so oily I couldnt see straight for about half an hour, never again lol.

Originally Posted by Karren /img/forum/go_quote.gif Neutrogena's oil-free makeup remover works fantastic and removes anything and everything (except the new L'oreal tubing mascara) and is very gentle to me skin.. I love it!! That's what I use, too.
smile.gif

I very recently started using MAC Cleanse Off Oil. It's very gentle and removes everything!

I use a few drops of almond oil mixed with an equal amount of water on a cotton pad. One remover i also like (i got a small bottle with a mascara) is YSL's instant pur eye makeup remover. Removes heavy eye makeup and all your mascara. But i find it oily so you have to rinse your eyes with some floral water if you don't want puffy eyelids the next morning.

I just use baby oil gel. I use it to rub off my eye makeup with my finger, wipe it off with a cotton tissue and then wash my face.

I use MAC makeup removal wipes. It's absolutely fantastic. I started using a new eye makeup removal from of oil of olay. It does a good job too. It should be at your local drugstore.

Originally Posted by Adrienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif I just use baby oil gel. I use it to rub off my eye makeup with my finger, wipe it off with a cotton tissue and then wash my face. That's a good idea.

I use either a two layer makeup remover (one layer oil, one is water or something) or just plain olive oil.

just water...

No matter what kind of remover I use it irritates my skin around the eyes....

With the beauty tubes you only need water, so thats a plus, since this stuff is on the marker Ive been only using that

I swear by MAC wipes and I think it's cheap: $30 CDN for 100 sheets which lasts me 100 days since I use one per day.

Rimmel eye makeup remover works for me...cheap at under $5

I tried the Neutrogena stuff but went back to Rimmel

I have used for years Mary Kay and it is great--expensive though. I just bought the neutrogena oil free today and I really like it, it is very siimiliar to Mary Kay but is only 4.50 instead of 14.00!

This is probably bad advice but I use my cleanser, Clinique Acne Solutions foaming cleanser for oily skin. It removes everything but my skin!

i personally use vasalene petrolleum jelly. i never had a problem with it. i spread it on my eyes and take a kleenex to remove it. although, people say not to do it. so, i would advise not to unless you're comfortable with it. im comfortable with it.

Back