Does anyone use E.L.F.?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone use E.L.F. (eyes lips face)? I love experimenting so I'm definitely looking for cheap buys with pretty good quality. I'm very tempted to buy from E.L.F. and already want to use like $50 on it (which is a lot since they're $1 ea product). I just wanted to know about the quality of their products (brushes, eyeshadow, blush, lipstick, etc) before I buy. Thanks guys!

I've recently made an ELF puchase. Look for my post and reviews in the Haulin Ass forum!

I'd recommend NYX over ELF (even though it's a little more expensive). I've heard ELF has a nice foundation brush, and I use their empty eyeshadow quads to put MAC shadows in and I like their blotting sheets. Other than that, it's kind of "you get what you pay for".

My Meijers store has a cute ELF silver empty eyeshadow palette for $1. The shadows that fit in them are only $1. Other same sized shadow pans could go into this empty palette as well like Jane or Milani.

Their eye shadow brush and blending eye brush are definitely good and I've heard good things about their new studio brushes.

i love the lip stuff. although, the gloss is really sticky, but i dont usually smack my lips together.

i love the nail polish's too. they need more colors =/

other than that, eh. the brushes are good, but they fall apart eventually. and the hairs start to scratch after a while.

wait, and the blush. i like the blushes. they're decent.

i have the eyeshadow brush and liner brush and theyre okay but kind of scratchy. really like their mineral eyeshadows and nail polish as well as the empty 1 in quads. the mineral eyeshadows are either super shimmery or matte but they dont tell you on the website which really kind of sucks. nail polish is only a dollar! but really thin in consistency.

I have the brushes and they are fine so far...for $1 a piece, itf they get where I don't like them anymore I'll get some more. The e/s seems OK with more pigment than my Merle Norman...

I have all of the brushes and they have held up extremely well, especially for them to be $1. I have Sonia Kashuk brushes from Target that are 3-4x the price and they're falling apart. I also use their mineral foundation and it's the only one I can use. I like it alot. Other than that, ya know... kinda Wet N' Wild-ish...

I like some of their products. The All Over Color Sticks work AMAZINGLY as eyeshadow bases, and the skin toned All Over Color Sticks are really good as bases too and are actually pretty good spot concealers in their own right. That's great, because they're only a buck. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I really like their Super Gloss SPF 15 glosses, they're not SUPER glossy, but it works. The texture is really creamy and I adore the smell and look on my lips. The lasting power is pretty great too, especially for a gloss.
smile.gif

I also adore their foundation brush, eyeshadow brush, and eyeliner brush. The other brush I have (bronzing/blush brush) is okay for the price, but it's not very good. It gets scratchy and doesn't pick up enough color. I've heard good things about their Studio Brushes (which are only 3 bucks a pop!), they're really soft but have this bad smell that a few washes will take care of, they have synthetic hair. I like their eyelash curler also, it REALLY holds a curl, but you have to be sturdy with it because if your hand slips, say bye bye to 12 of your eyelashes!
frown.gif
(Personal experience, bleh. Couldn't curl my lashes for months.)

I have the Brightening Eyeshadow Quad in Butternut. Honestly, these are so much better than I expected, especially with a base (like their all over color sticks!). It's nicely pigmented, I was kinda shocked it was a buck, but then again I only have their Butternut e/s so I can't compare with their others.

I only have one of their blushes, the one in Glow. That being said, I have like 3 of them for backup when I run out. I LOVE and ADORE their Glow blush. It's so pretty, I try other brand's blushes but it doesn't give me that GLOW that ELF's does. I haven't tried any of their other blushes though, but the one I have is my HG for sure.

I also found this interesting video comparing their Studio Blush/Bronzer Palette ($3) to NARS, really good dupe:

YouTube - E.L.F. Studio vs. NARS Review and Comparison

Their mineral stuff is pretty good, too. The Mineral Concealer though is just WAY too light, and the foundation is somewhat sheer and there are only a few shades to choose from, but it's really good stuff for 5 bucks. Their Mineral Booster is like someone stole Mineral Veil and put it in ELF packaging, it's so good at controlling oil, and their Mineral Eyeshadows are supposedly amazing, especially $3. Their lipsticks are also really good, but that's prolly cause they charge 5 bucks for it instead of the usual dollar.

Anyways, that's my 2 cents.
smile.gif
There's some really great stuff hidden in this brand, hope I helped! Good luck!

I have a couple of their products
smile.gif
I'm not too fond of the brushes, except for their eyeshadow brush (that one is really lovely).

I do like their custom compact eyeshadows though! They're very creamy and easy to blend in my opinion
smile.gif
So those I would recommend!
smile.gif

Their eyeliners/lipliners were a bit meh. Wasn't too impressed by those.

But I had a ton of fun trying out their products! So I'm sure you will too!

I have some of their brushes and they're quite good though I've got some mixed feelings abput their blender brush, it works great but it feels scratchy.

I've got two lipglosses by them which have nice colour and they feel like a balm on my lips but they last for maybe ten minutes at most, and I have these little tubes that have multi-purposes but I don't really like them, too shiny for my taste.

I do really love their blushes, obviously not the greatest but for that price they're really nice, I use them almost daily.

All in all I think it's a great brand if you don't have a lot of money to spend on make-up, especially the brushes!

I have their brushes and I like mine. The eyelash curler is the best I've found! The cream eyeshadows were terrible cuz they were hard to blend- kinda sticky IMO. The concealer is ok. I agree with above- you get what you pay for.

The thing with E.L.F. is that you should spend some time with the reviews before you order a product... they're all really hit or miss.

That said, I love the lip plumper part of the studio plumper/primer. It's about 1000x better than Lip Venom, both in plumpness achieved and ease of application. And it's $3. I am a convert. I also really like some of the eyeshadows. As long as you're using a good primer, they stay with an expected [minimal] amount of creasing. And the colors are really lovely. The brushes aren't that great, except the eyeshadow brush, which is plump and of an average mid-range quality. For $1, I'll take it, you know? The mineral eyeshadows are just okay, and the body kabuki, though large, is not really comparable to a true body brush.

One thing that makes E.L.F. stand out for me, though, is the customer service. They're very accomodating and really lovely to work with, which I appreciate.

In short, I definitely recommend trying their products, because you might find something you really love... but don't expect every single item to be a winner.

(ps-- it's my first real post! whoo!)

I find e.l.f. pretty hit/miss. Definitely check out the reviews before buying - imo their biggest problem is the awful scents that seem to accompany all liquids (TM, gloss, etc)

I wouldn't waste $50 on elf, but definitely try a few things to give the line a go! I used "caroline" for 50% off my order, I think it's good up to $20
smile.gif

I like E.L.F. products. I have been lucky and found some of their items at Big Lots so I did not spend a lot of money to try them out.

I like ELF; but I agree that their products are hit-or-miss. They are great for playing around, since most things are $1 and hardly anything is more than $5. I love the Luscious Liquid Lipstick; it smells and tastes good and the colors are nice and natural (perfect for me). Their MMU is all good, not the best I've used but great for travel because if you lose something, oh well, it was not that expensive. Some of the regular brushes are good and some are junk; you just have to try them and judge for yourself. I haven't tried the Studio brushes. I just got the Studio Line Corrective Concealer and it's really good, like much more expensive brands, nice compact with mirror and brush (not loving the brush but glad it came with one). I'm probably going to place another order soon, a nail polish haul (I've really gotten into doing my toes lately). If anyone has used their nail polishes, I'd love recommendations on great colors for toes. So far all I have is Light Red.

I LOVE EFL I brought Lots of products from there before I really started to boost my makeup collection up. There eyeshadow is really pigmented and there Hypershine Lip gloss is the best. You can never go wrong for 1 dollar and if you do a google search for EFL discount codes you can get all kinds of deals. I say you try it and see what you think. One thing about makeup is what one person does not like you may LOVE! If you order let me know if you like it!

I actually ordered alot of e.l.f a few months back. Alot of their brushes, lipglosses, eyelashes, and a whole mess of stuff. And not one thing did I like at all, the quality was something you would find in a dollar bin at walmart or the dollar store. The prices are good but you get what you pay for. Small amount and fair or below fair quality.

I think the only thing I think is worth a little mentioning is their blushes that my mom did like a bit. But like I said small quantity and cheap chinese packaging.

I'm not sure about their pro products but other than that, I wouldn't buy from them again.

If you really want a good amount, good quality, and fair good price I would rather spend just a few more dollars with NYX. It might be a small price difference, but if you don't want to spend the big brand prices, NYX is the way to go.

Back