Recommendations for under eye circles?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have really bad, dark under eye circles due to having iron defiency anaemia, can anyone recommend a good product to try and fade them and then a good product to conceal them too?

I have spent a small fortune on trying to find a concealer that really works, the latest ones I tried were the mac concealer (not sure of the name but I think its the max coverage one, its in a pot like the single eyeshadows) and Benefits Powderflage.

Coconut oil, its a natural skin bleacher, hardcore moisturizer, and has tons of different health benefits. I've been using it on my raccoon eye circles for about a week now and see a pretty good difference. In about 2 month's they should be mostly faded.

However I don't think you want help from me on finding a good concealer. I'm currently using L'Oreal's True Match Super-blendable concealer on the darkest areas of my eye circles (because if I put it under my eyeball it will crease ALOT.) Then I go over the concealer with Lancome's powder. It takes some time in the morning to get it right.

A trick one of my friends taught me on my wedding day... put a little gold eyeshadow under your eyes to brighten and make your eyes look more awake while helping to hide the dark circles. It worked for me! ;-)

You could use a corrector, to take out the bluish part in undereye circles and then use a concealer on top of the corrector. I'm also using Loreal's true match super blendable concealer, the texture is light enough so you can blend the stuff on your undereye area w/o leaving streaks, and it provides decent coverage too (I have very bad undereye circles as well).

I recent found a concealer that I totally love. It is MUFE lift concealer. This one is the only one that doesn't draw more attention to my circles and I do feel that it does help some of the puffiness.

I am on a quest for a eye cream that will get rid of them. I want to know if Hylexin or something like that works for people. It is so hard to find a good cream that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

what colour are the circles? you need to find the opposite colour based concealer if you want to cover them in a serious way. i.e if they're green tinted you need a pink one, blue tinted you need a yellow one.. and then your normal skin coloured foundation/concealer over the top.

I usually use a cream salmony coloured concealer to even out the colour and then a light reflecting concealer by no7 over that to make it bright and that usually does the trick
smile.gif

I use a salmon colored concealer on my under eye circles and it's great! A good book to look into is plastic surgery without the surgery, it has lots of hints about how to use makeup to correct little problems that we are so self conscious about.

I used DermaBlend's concealer and it will cover anything and everything!!

I use the Lorac Double Feature concealer. I don't use the highlighting liquid that comes with it though (It can make ur skin look greasy)I just use just the concealer, and I use the BE Clear Radiance powder on top of it to reflect the light.

Sephora: LORAC Double Feature: Concealer

Here is the link to Sephora's website.

Thanks for all the replies, the circles aren't really blue just dark. I have bought another cream meant to fade them and I want to try the MUFE concealer palette but am trying to find somewhere to buy it in the UK, I've heard good things about the palette.

I agree with everyone else the MUFE palette is the bomb.

and as for creams try Benefits EyeCon or L'oreals eye brightening -thingy (it has an absurdly long name)

So far i've only tried L'oreals about to get EyeCon though :]

Back