Inauguration '09: What Should Obama Wear?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Inauguration '09: What Should Obama Wear?

Although the world now knows that President-elect Barack Obama will wear a Hart Schaffner Marx single-button, notch-lapel tuxedo for the evening festivities on Inauguration Day, Jan. 20, that isn’t stopping others from lining up for the role of the administration’s First Tailor. So WWD asked men’s designers what they thought the new president should wear on his historic day...read on

28894-brooks-brothers-night1.jpg

28894-richard-james-savile-row-night.jpg

28894-thom-browne-night.jpg

Click here to view WWD's exclusive inauguration apparel sketches>>

Click here to vote on your favorite sketch>>

Source: WWD.com

I like 2 or 3 best. The first is too old fashioned. I think I like the middle pic best. I like these threads Shaundra! thanks for posting!

I'd go with the second one too. Those are good rendered pictures, I did textiles at school, those aren't easy to master!

Definitley the 2nd one. I think the other two are a bit too old fashioned and fussy. #2 is very classic.

i like 3! i love the long jacket of #1 but the ruffled tie cravat thing is ott.

When I think of Tails on a Tux, I assume you are sitting to play the piano, really the only reason to have tails on a tux, and a cravat??? Please... isn't he the president because we chose someone we want to relate to as a President for a better tomorrow, not a President that wants to still be a part of old world thinking???

They should show teh picture of the Tux he will be wearing.

rage_hsn2.jpg

I like the Hart Schaffner Marx Tux he's going to wear because it's totally modern and manly, while still having all-American tailoring. It's cut to fit lean in the torso but still full at the shoulders for a strong presence.

Plus, you can't tribute America in a better Tux than from the oldest American Suitor still in business.

Back