How to eliminate puffy eyes...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I saw this article in a magazine last month for quickly getting rid of puffy eyes.

Makeup artist Laura Geller came up with this quick fix.

Place a few metal spoons in the fridge, then press them against your already-made-up eyes for five minutes. "The coldness took the puffiness right out of my eyes without messing my makeup," she says.

Also try placing a bag of frozen vegetables across your lids if you aren't wearing makeup. A cooling eye gel is another good option. TRY Originis No Puffery Cooling Mask for Puffy Eyes.

Has anyone tried these yet?

I have to try that!! Thanks!!
smile.gif

For puffy eyes, I've seen it work on Youtube right in front of my eyes. My mom also uses frozen spoons under her eyes to eliminate puffy eyes.

For dark circles though, it does nothing. D:!

I've always used used tea bags that have been chilled in the fridge for a while. Very relaxing.

Sounds cool! thanks for letting us know.. i'll have to try it some time after a crazy night
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Rotting Beauty /img/forum/go_quote.gif For puffy eyes, I've seen it work on Youtube right in front of my eyes. My mom also uses frozen spoons under her eyes to eliminate puffy eyes.
For dark circles though, it does nothing. D:!

for dark circles i'd suggest using concealer. i have a minor case of dark circles and concealer works fine
laughing.gif

I keep the spoons in the fridge ^^ I do it before my MU, though, and put a thin piece of cloth in between the spoons and my eyes so it isn't too terribly cold :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It doesn't decrease the puffiness much for me, but it definitely makes them feel better!

This morning my eyes were super puffy from crying last night and I did the whole spoon thing before my makeup. It seemed to help a LITTLE bit and took away that super heavy feeling that my eyelids had. But yeah, I'm still looking for something better. lol :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My mom told me about that but i haven't really follow up on it. It had help me a little bit but i haven't seen a big difference, maybe its my wrinkles thats in the way.

Plastic surgery is the only thing that will remove my undereye puffiness. Some of us have enlarged fat pockets under our eyes. Creams or cold spoons won't help me.

Here are the best 10 tips on how to eliminate puffy eyes.

Aloe Vera: Aloe-Vera is the most effective way to reduce puffy eyes. You can use it on the under eye area. It will certainly enhance blood circulation and reduce your puffy or baggy eyes.

Cold Spoons: Take 2 spoons and put it in the fridge for 5 - 10 mins. Take out the cold spoon keep the curved part against your eye for a few minutes until the spoon turns into warm. This easy home remedy is amazingly very effective when it comes to dealing with puffy eyes.

Tea Bags: Green tea bags will help you to reduce the puffiness around your eyes because it includes anti-irritant elements.  For dealing with puffy eyes, you must place moist tea bags over your eyes. 1st soak the tea bags in warm water for some minutes then remove them and let them cool-down to a warm temp.

Cucumber: Chilled cucumber is a great solution to deal with puffy eyes. The enzymes and the astringent properties found in cucumber assists in reducing swelling. Take one cucumber and even cut them into thick slices. Place the slices of cucumber in the fridge for 10 mins. Now place the cold cucumber slices on closed eyes for around 10 mins or until the cucumber turns into warm. Do it again the method several times per day. This method will also assist to eliminate the signs of aging around your eyes and will brighten up your skin texture.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back