I Have The Flu

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
sleepyhead.gif
So I got a flu shot in Novemeber, but apparently here in New York the flu going around was not covered by the shot. Started feeling a little off Sunday night and by Monday morning I felt awful. Each day I got worse and my fever went up to 102 degrees. I never had the flu before and didn't know how bad it is!!! My entire skin hurt and my joints ached so bad. The worst part was the chills. I sat in the doctors office with my parka zipped up to my nose, hood up and gloves, shaking from cold. Doc said just go home and rest until it takes its course. My throat hurts, nose stuffed up and it really sucks.

I finally turned the corner today, with no fever (YAY)! The chills left but my throat still hurts a bit, some body aches still, really weak, nose all stuffed up and now, to add insult to injury, four cold sores are starting on my lips. Plus, I missed a whole week of work. I really, hope my wife doesn't get it. At least I was able to get a prescription for that tammiflu stufff and I gave it to her. Told her if she starts to feel any sypmtoms to start taking it and hope for the best.

This really stinks.
frown.gif

join the sick club!! lol

its the time of year for these things i'm afraid
frown.gif
hope you feel back to normal soon. it's awful when it gets in the way of things!

I had a flue shot once.. That year I had the worst flue ever... And since they make the shot from last years flues.. It usually doesn't cover the current years flue! Hope it passes quickly!!

Hope you are back to your old self soon.

I had the flu once, about 15 years ago. It was a horrible experience.

Since then I always get the flu shot. It may not prevent all viruses from attacking, but at least its better than nothing.

Poor thing
frown.gif
I've just gotten over a nasty flu, took about a week and I am still a little congested, but getting there.

i'm in NY too, and i also got the flu shot in november! i just got the flu today. it's awful =( feel better!

Originally Posted by MaddyBoo718 /img/forum/go_quote.gif i'm in NY too, and i also got the flu shot in november! i just got the flu today. it's awful =( feel better! You feel better also Maddy. It's really awful. I am into my second week after catching it and I still feel weak and tired. I move around work like I am a zombie!

Back