What makeup do you have to wear to leave the house?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi!

I'm just wondering what's the bare minimum makeup you have to wear to be seen in?

I'm asking because my Mary Kay rep gave me a makeover that consisted of foundation, pressed powder, three eyeshadows, eyeliner, mascara, blush, lipliner, lipstick, and lipgloss. First she showed me how to put it on and then I put it on myself and then she fixed any mistakes I made. All together it took an hour an a half to put on. I'm a makeup novice and she told me it also took her that long when she was just starting but that now she can put it on in 15 minutes flat.

I think that I should stick to just three of the products at most for everyday and practice the full face on weekends and maybe mix it up and not use the same three every day.

-wiccanhot

It really depends. If I'm going to work, usually I wear foundation/powder, 2-3 eyeshadows, blush, mascara and eyeliner, and probably either a lipstick or a gloss. Sometimes I'll use a lipstick and then a gloss over it.

This takes me about 15 minutes to put on, but I'll take longer if I'm going out at night. I pretty much use the same technique to apply every day - the only difference is the colours I'm using. So, yeah. Sometimes I'll skip the foundation and powder, and just wear moisturiser.

If I'm just going out of the house on a weekend and doing shopping or whatever, then I might not wear any at all. I feel like I wear a lot of makeup during the working week so my weekend is 2 days for my skin to be natural
smile.gif
obviously if I'm going out then I'll put on makeup on the weekends though!

ETA - forgot to say - just like the woman said, yeah, it used to take me ages to apply but if you are using it every day, it really gets quick unless you're doing something new and different, and when I'm in a hurry getting ready for work, I'll wear colour combos I know I've used before and that look good together, which cuts down thinking time!

well it is always a must for me to put my foundation.

But if I'm going out VERY casually I would just put foundation simple eyeliner and my fake lashes and thats it.

But most of the times I just put foundation 2-3 eyeshadows on in a neutral tone, then a slab of lipgloss.

It usually takes me about 15-30 depending if I do a new look or how in detail I do it.

Most of the time if you do the routine everyday you'd know exactly what to pull out and what to do so it takes no thought so it goes quickly. haha

the only thing that makes me get ready longer is when I do my hair thats what takes me a while to do. but the makeup is usually the easy part for me

I don't wear makeup everyday because I dont always go out everyday.

If just somewhere casual, a tinted moisturiser, eyeliner,mascara and some lip gloss usually.

If going a bit more important I would do the whole shabang..concealer,foundation,powder, shadows, liner, mascara, gloss etc.

I used to do the whole shabang every morning for work then most weekend nights when we'd go out. I used to hate being seen without any makeup. Now Im ok with nothing on around certain people.

I have to have the following if I go outside:

concealer/foundation/powder

Brows

and blush (or highlighter, bronzer etc)

others i don't really mind. and I always take my glosses wherever I go if I feel like I need a little

For sure, even on my lazy days, I have to wear;

1. Matifying primer, I get oily like crazy

2. Powder/foundation of some sorts

3. Blush

4. some sort of lip product (gloss, tinted lip balm).

However, my make up routine varies incredibly, sometimes it's really low maintenance while other times it's incredibly detailed; just depends on the amount of time I have.

If I'm running errands on my day off, going to the salon, an early morning meeting, etc., I'll use my "no-makeup" makeup routine: foundation primer, liquid foundation, concealer (I apply this all over my eyelid, too, to neutralize any discoloration), powdered foundation, brow pencil, brow powder, and clear lip conditioner. Basically, I just want to cover any blemishes and neutralize any discoloration. This takes five minutes max.

If I'm going to mall, casually hanging out with friends, etc., I'll use the same routine but add a little eyeliner, mascara, blush, and a tinted lip conditioner or a light lipgloss. That takes ten to fifteen minutes.

But, for work and social engagements, I do a full face: foudation primer, liquid foundation, concealer, powder foundation, mineralize skinfinish, contour blush, highlight blush, brow pencil, brow powder, eyeshadow primer, three or more eyeshadow, at least one liner, mascara, lashes, lip liner, lipstick, and gloss. I'm a makeup artist so wear a ton of makeup.
smile.gif
I could do a full face in thirty minutes but I prefer to take my time so I'll usually spend fourty-five minutes doing my makeup.

I always wear eyeliner and mascara. If my face is clear and even toned I don't bother with foundation. I wear simple eyeshadow most days, but it's not an neccessity.
smile.gif

Brow pencil, mascara, and something on my lips. I almost always wear a full face though; it takes me about 15 minutes unless I'm really taking my time watching tv, making coffee, etc.

i go outside in public wearing nothing on my face but moisturizer. i dont mind. but, if i have time, but not enough, just a coat of mascara. thats it.

makeup to me is just for fun [its not for me to look, like me i guess?]. and if i have time to play and put it on, i'll do so. it takes me about an hour each time i do my face because i have to think up of combos and how i'm gunna do them.

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif Kyuub, what matifying primer do you use? I really need to start using one of those! Well, I use "Dr. Feelgood" by Benefit. But I think it's better if you try it out before buying it, because I've heard mixed reviews on it. Like some people say it's not mattifying enough, it smells weird, and in some rare instances, they've had allergic reactions to it. However, I like it, I like the smell, and it's a staple for me
smile.gif

I need to have on mascara.

Sometimes I can go without but usually I like to sweep some on real quick if I do nothing else.

my absolte minimum are some tinted moisturizer, doing my brows (browpencil and gloss) and mascara, which takes me 2-3 min... even when I go to work...just because I'm a makeup artist doesn't mean I have to look all painted over..my clients already know I'm good at what I do.. but if I'm in the mood for more i top that with illuminator (cheekbones, as a foundation for my eyes), at least 2-3 eyeshadows, 2 types of eyeliner...that takes around 10 mins

and if I go out, or go to a speial occasion or something, i use some mousse foundation too, translucent powder, fake eyelashes, the whole deal...which takes me around 30 mins.

but basically I almost never wear foundation...

My minimum is usually a tinted moisturizer, eyeliner, neutral e/s, and lipgloss for when I'm just running out for errands which takes about 5-10 mins. Due to the nature of working retail, or if I'm going all out with friends I require foundation, blush, 3 e/s, mascara, doing my brows, full on lip color which generally takes me about 20 mins.

if i'm just going to the corner shop i'll go completely bare faced. i don't really wear makeup every day if i'm just sitting around the house, i feel like i'm wasting it lol.

the minimum i'd wear out to a class or to see my friends would be foundation, concealer, powder, blusher, mascara and lipgloss. that would take me no more than about 10 or 15 minutes.

to work they prefer us to look quite made up so i do foundation, concealer, blusher, powder, eyeliner, several eyeshadows, brow highlighter and lipstick or gloss. my eyeshadows are usually quite neutral for work though. that would take me about 30 minutes, i could probably do it in 15 but i prefer to take my time over it.

when i go out at night i do the same thing that i would for work but with brighter, funner colours.

most days i only use 3 items, brown eye liner white eye liner and mascara,

i find for normal day i feel like it is caked on if i do my whole face.

but your make up artist was also right in the more practice you get the faster you do it

It depends on where I'm going but usually I need at a least concealer on any spots and under my eyes and powder all over, mascara and eyeliner.

Back