Looking for my new look

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
all relationship problems aside for once, I need some help with my makeup, I'm a complete 100 percent newbie when it comes to me applying my makeup, I'm nervous about putting eyeliner on, I've only wore it probably 4 or 5 times at the most, black eyeliner and brown eyeliners look best on me, but I'm looking for the colors that look the best on me, and people always think that just because I'm a brunette that pink looks good on me, and it's mainly people at malls in the makeup department that's just trying to sell something, I won't wear dark pinks at all, certain pinks just don't look right on me and that makes me mad to no end when I have someone else do my makeup for me and they put some god-awful looking pink on me that doesn't go with my skin tone, the colors that look best on me so far from what I've tried are tans, any browns, sands, real light nude pinks, and nude light colors mainly, I'm not daring enough to try red unless my man wants me to that is, that'll be the only way I'll wear red, lol, I have green eyes with a brown tint to them, fair/medium skin and light black or dark brown hair, I had a woman at a hair salon tell me my hair is a dark chocolate color but I'm not sure, anyways, I like sexy colors/looks, or something nude or natural, but I'm no good at applying my own makeup, so I don't know what color eyeshadow would look good on me, I had a woman at belk do my makeup for me thursday and I swear it was so beautiful, I'm going back to see if she will teach me how to do it myself tomorrow, but if anyone could suggest some colors for me I would appreciate the help
smile.gif

I would say, plums, peaches, bronzes, even greens (moss green for eg) sound good for you - if you have a somewhat 'hazel' coloured eye this would probably bring out the green in them.

I'd have to see pics of you to be sure though
smile.gif

she used one of their eyeshadow quads on me, its called spiced peach, it was expensive but I liked it so much I went back to buy it, I don't know how to apply my eyeshadow the same way she did though

Definitely use the colors Rosie mentioned. And focus on what you really need
smile.gif
Don't worry about lipstick if your more comfortable with a gloss or use liquid liner if you're more comfortable with a pencil or even easier, powder liner (in which you just use a dark e/s as a liner)

Back