Help..ouch....reaction to cream?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I started using Neutrogena Healthy Skin Deep Wrinkle Night Cream a week ago. I also started using Garnier Nutritioniste Skin Renew Daily Regenerating Serum on the same day, hoping to exfoliate my skin, reduce the appearance of my fine lines (I am 40) and brighten up my face.

A few days ago, I noticed an itchy patch at the very edge of my face in front of my left ear. Then it started on the other side and day before yesterday, I noticed some bumps on my face. The Neutrogena tube says you might experience some flaking and tingling so I figured it was just that. Yesterday was a whole new ball game. My entire neck it itching and all around my ears and even on my earlobes...I have this tiny red rash that burns and itches. My nose felt like sandpaper yesterday and now this morning, my chin feels like sandpaper and the area around my nose is extremely greasy!

I dont know what to make it this! I've never had problems with acne. My skin has always been free from bumps and such. My only problem was a ton of freckles that makes my skin look dull.

Does anyone know what I can put on my face to stop this rash-type thing? It really stings and I subconsciously touch it every few minutes because it bugs me and I cant get over how rough my skin feels.

PLEASE tell me that it wont stay like this!!! Did I ruin my skin forever?
frown.gif

The first thing i would do is gently but thoroughly cleanse my face, you don't want any leftover of the product causing the rash on your face.

I would also suggest aloe vera, it's very soothing. If you have some at home, calamine lotion could be helpful too.

If your skin's state hasn't improved, don't hesitate to consult a doctor.

Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif The first thing i would do is gently but thoroughly cleanse my face, you don't want any leftover of the product causing the rash on your face.
I would also suggest aloe vera, it's very soothing. If you have some at home, calamine lotion could be helpful too.

If your skin's state hasn't improved, don't hesitate to consult a doctor.

thanks so much. I already have a dr appt tomorrow for something else so I do plan on asking her to give me something for the rash. Its weird...it feels almost greasy now! The sides of my face are swollen. I do want to wash it because I keep touching it and i'm sure thats iritating it even more. I have an aloe plant so i'll try that, thanks. Ugh..I cant believe this. lol..I never thought a rash could be so traumatic but man when its on your face, its so upsetting!!!

i would stop using the oriducts and clean your face as sugested, you may want to look at the ingredients it could just be that you are allergic to something in the face products, but it could also be that they both have the same active ingerdients and by using both you are using an extremely high amount of the product that it goes from being helpful to harmful

Originally Posted by Orangeeyecrayon /img/forum/go_quote.gif i would stop using the oriducts and clean your face as sugested, you may want to look at the ingredients it could just be that you are allergic to something in the face products, but it could also be that they both have the same active ingerdients and by using both you are using an extremely high amount of the product that it goes from being helpful to harmful Thanks
smile.gif
Maybe after this is cleared up, I will do a patch test and see which one was the problem...and i'll try doing a test using both products (at once) to see if that was the reason.
The rash has spread down to my chest now...very strange. Pure aloe plant has helped a ton!

Just in case, check also your bottle of shower gel, maybe there's an ingredient in common with your face stuff, which would maybe explain why you get some on your chest.

Back