Ok, i need help, big time

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am invited next weekend to my friend's birthday, and i can't find a gift i find suitable.

What can you offer a male friend for his birthday ? He'll be 26. I was thinking music or DVDs, but i have no clue what he owns or he doesn't, i don't want to offer him something he already has.

My mom suggested perfume, but i find this is a present more suitable for a girlfriend girlfriend, not a simple friend.

So i'm no stuck with no specific ideas. Help !!

i think perfume is too girlfriendy too.

how about

a nice scarf?

something nice he can eat

a book- something silly and/or manly

socks (lol)

you could always get him a recent dvd because there's less chance he has a brand new film

similar with cds

art/pictures/posters are always good

does he smoke? a funny lighter or ashtray might work

if he supports a sport or football team get him something to do with that

vouchers for a male clothing store/vouchers for a dvd

thats all i can think of!!

Anything from what fingers suggested AND socks. If his socks are anything like my hubby's then he'll def need new ones.

p.s: ca va depuis le temps?? tu m'as manquer!

I'd like perfume!! Lol. How about a gift card to a nice resturant? Or tickets to the theater...

I think Lucy had some great ideas...

vouchers are always appreciated, or something like shaving balm or face cream or something, guys NEVER buy that stuff for themselves, and they totally should. Gotta protect your skin!

Originally Posted by katrosier /img/forum/go_quote.gif Anything from what fingers suggested AND socks. If his socks are anything like my hubby's then he'll def need new ones.

p.s: ca va depuis le temps?? tu m'as manquer!

Oui, ça va, et toi ? Tu m'as manqué aussi !
Lol, i would have never thought of socks !

There is always the gift card, you could give them a gift card to their favorite store or restuarant. I received a gift card for my birthday last month. I enjoyed spending it at Kohl's.

Thanks guys. I found a dvd (i checked the new releases) called Bons baisers de Bruges with Colin Farrell (i think the original title is In Bruges). It looks like a movie i'd like to see myself so i'll probably get that. Plus chocolates or socks according to what i find.

Starbucks gift certificate never fails. Give it to him in a Starbucks portable mug. Everyone loves Starbucks.

Couldn't find that damn dvd in the end, so i chose a book instead (Graham Masterton-Nightwarriors great book !!). I wanted to get Twilight
eusa_whistle.gif
but they only had the last book. Plus some chocolates.

Now i have two months to find a gift for his girlfriend
smile.gif

I don't know if we have Starbucks gift certificates, but it gives me an idea for other friends who share my love for the green mermaid
smile.gif

Back