TKB Trading for micas or other suggestions?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I want to buy a bunch of colors and there are several choices for mica colors it seems. I've bought samples from tkbtrading.com, wholesalepowders.com and theconservatorie.com and now i want to buy more and some in bigger sizes and wondering what other choices there may be. tkb has great quality and a HUGE selection of colors, wholesalepowders.com has great quality and the samples are absolutely HUGE for the price and compared to the others and theconservatorie.com is good quality too but seems a bit on the pricey side (I bought some from somerset.com too and they were the same, good but pricey). Any other suggestions? I'm interested in making my own eyeshadows right now and want to make foundation too...most of these seem to have mineral makeup making kits too. All of these companies seem to have the same quality powders and colors, so I'm wondering if price and customer service is the only difference? I've been happy with all of them...any suggestions? As far as size, the samples at tkb and wholesalepowders.com seem to be the best and would last the longest, wholesalepowders being quite a bit larger.

I havent ordered from coastal scents or raisins (not sure if that is how its spelled), any thoughts on these two?

definately TKB...which is exactly the same as wholesalecolors.com

their colors are great, the samples are freakin huge, and cheap, they're good quality when mixed with Kaolin clay and boron nitride in extremely small amounts and they feel so nice on. chameleon fine and blackstar blue are my two faves from them. and their foundation starter pack is a reasonable price

yea, i love tkbtrading too...but the other one is wholesalepowders.com not wholesalecolors. I believe they are different companies. The samples were a lot bigger and the quality and comparisons of colors are the same, of the micas that i have received from both companies. i think i will order from both so that i can get a good selection of all the colors i love, but i do like the larger samples, they last so long.

is wholesalepowders.com owned by the same people as Aubrey Nicole? the company name was KARMAR. also it looked like the colors were much the same at both places.

i like and use some of the aubreynicole makeup too but i think the items are different. an sells makeup and the wholesale company sells micas and powders, dont think they are the same, but they are both in louisana so maybe owned by the same company i ordered a bunch of samples from both there and tkb and a couple from coastal scents too. cant wait to get them all and play around with mixing them thanks for the replies

i should have clarified. i meant that the colors looked similar from wholesalepowders to TKB. it makes sense for a company to expand their business by selling the raw materials that they use.

also, i find it interesting that all traces of the 'KARMAR' name are now missing from the wholesalepowders website. IMO it is better to be up front with who you are. BTW, the privacy statements are exactly the same from aubrey nicole to wolesale powders..... i find that amusing. they might want to edit that a bit, too.

their POP is so good. and hillie collection is great, they are 7 color for 9 dollar. large size

the "travel to " planet collection is great too, but only a teaspoon size, smaller than usual kind

i'm glad i came across this thread, wholesalepowders sounds good!

however tkb says their samples are 1 tablespoon which is roughly 1/3rd oz but wholesalepowders says theirs is 1/4th oz.

have you received samples from them both so you actually know for a fact that their quantity is more?

I have a question please.

if I have a matte bronzer and I want to add some gold mica.. or some sparkles, can I do that?

do I need something to mix or just mix in the jar?

you can just mix it with the blush, if the blush has good adhesion, otherwise add some kaolin clay or another mineral that helps improve adhesion. but make sure you look at the pictures if you decide to order from them. you'd want a gold that in the picture with the fingers actually had a colored powder instead of just sparkle (gleaming gold is just glitter)

Originally Posted by beadjunky /img/forum/go_quote.gif i should have clarified. i meant that the colors looked similar from wholesalepowders to TKB. it makes sense for a company to expand their business by selling the raw materials that they use.
also, i find it interesting that all traces of the 'KARMAR' name are now missing from the wholesalepowders website. IMO it is better to be up front with who you are. BTW, the privacy statements are exactly the same from aubrey nicole to wolesale powders..... i find that amusing. they might want to edit that a bit, too.

Actually, Ijust bought some stuff from them and KARMAR is what came on my paypal bill!

ok so my wholesalepowders stuff came and i am SO MAD, the ounces i ordered are SO SMALL. they are barely larger than the TKB sample. I measured up their ounce against the TKB ounce and it was twice as much AND my coastal scents ounce was WAY MORE than my tkb ounce. so from now on i'm only ordered full ounces from coastal scents!

and the sample size from wholesalepowders which claimed to be 1/4th of an ounce is barely larger than the coastal scents teaspoon! the TKB 1 tbsp sample is wayyy bigger than theirs EVEN though 1 tbsp is less than 1/4 ounce because 1/4 ounce is being measured by weight and the tbsp is loose powder which weighs a lot less.

infact the 1 ounce of silk mica i got is little enough to actually fit in a 1 ounce jar and ANYONE with any mineral knowledge knows that 1 ounce jars only hold a few grams of powder because its so light and fluffy!

i don't know about kaolin clay but the 8 oz they sent me was really not that large either.

all in all, i doubt i will ever go back to wholesalepowders again. it's TKB and coastalscents all the way for me.

why is the titans logo on the conservatorie website, also alot of the links aren't working and keep leading me to a high school football teams page

Thank you for telling us
smile.gif

I will not be ordering from them then.

almost all of my mineral makeup is from tbk and i think me being a woman of color the colors really pop specially when you use eye drops as your mixin medium the really show and now i buy from pure luxe too this two are my fave web-sites to buy from.

Originally Posted by candygalore /img/forum/go_quote.gif almost all of my mineral makeup is from tbk and i think me being a woman of color the colors really pop specially when you use eye drops as your mixin medium the really show and now i buy from pure luxe too this two are my fave web-sites to buy from. i don't know about you, but i'm looking forward to trying the new eye primer and wetliner from tkb. the new stuff they brought out looks like its going to be awesome

oh i didn't know they had an eye liner and primer, i would have ordered it, darnit, i just put in a huge order and it's already been shipped! otherwise they're really good about adding stuff to your order if it hasn't been shipped yet!

are you sure you don't mean coastal scents? cause they have an eye primer, which i have, and a wetliner which is supposedly just like mac's fluid line. i haven't ordered that yet cause the black is always out of stock!

and, no problem lysette.

the wet liner that tkb has is an actual wetliner. its the solution to mix your piggys with before you apply them.

coastals 'wetliner' sounds like a creme liner by popular definition.

but yeah, all their new stuff is awesome. theres like 16 new items that are primers, or other premade makeup fixatives

Back